Half hour to go now

Well im starting to feel a bit nervous now. Iv had a continuing headache for nearly 4 weeks now.

Im off for a CT scan of the brain in half hrs time and im starting to feel VERY nervous. Its pritty well been 4 weeks to the day that we also had our 1st obstetrician appointment and ultrasound of our 1st bub so there is every chance its just stress. Now im stressing over the scan and hoping that it is just stress.

Ah well leaving home at 9.40am and will go from there I guess. I really hope I get the results today but iv never had one of these before so im not sure how long it takes for the results. If they are ready today ill be picking them up today, lol.

At least the sun is shinning today :D

cheers Jayro!

Keep positive Jayro. I know a good little meditation technique that may help. If you focus your mind on your natural breath entering an exiting the nostrils with closed eyes it may calm your mind.

Works for me!

Good luck and best wishes, Ian

Best of luck! Let us know how you go.

Headaches can have so many causes - stress, lack of sleep, diet etc - most are just your body suggesting that you be kinder to yourself!

take care

Thanks Ian,

Well I will be back in a few hrs. Knowing me and how I am I do suspect it is stress thats my issue BUT always best to get the proper checks I keep being told by the wife. Mind you $430 for a scan is creating me even more stress ;)

Cheers Jas!

Hang in there. I just had a CT of my brain a month ago, too; in my case I had a marble-sized blockage of my sinus that's taken 5 courses of antibiotics to clear. But thank heavens it was so easily fixable. :)

Good luck!

PS My scans were ready after about an hour, and I cracked them open immediately.

Think positive, and good luck Jayro.
I'm having this kind of headache for a long time, I've done every test,CT,... but they didn't find anything. It all goes back to stress.

Drink water as much as you can, that's what I was told anyway:D

My brother in law had a CT for headaches like yours, they did find something and operated and now he is a new man!!

So even if the result is that there is a problem, we have fantastic surgeons in Australia who can do miracles

Hope we hear back from you soon

Hi Jayro,

Usually get the results in about 3 days. Good luck! It may be just stress, sometimes we are stressed and don't even know it (so I've been told)!

Tarah

The scans are actually ready pretty much straight away. What takes the time is the medico looking at them, interpreting what they are seeing and dictating a report for your referring doctor then having the report typed up. So, you may pick up the report in a couple of hours or a couple of days - just depends how busy they are.

Cheers
Olly

Thanks everyone. Appreciate it.

Well that was one very easy and quick scan. They post the scan results and report to the doctors directly and said he will have them on Thursday so now ill just be sweating on thursday to come around and have my fingures crossed.

Ozperp I was thinking If I could get them I would open it for a sneak peak as well but they said they post straight to the dr's. Maybe I could have asked to pick them up but I figured I wouldnt understand the wording in the report anyway ;)

Was certainly a bit sad anyway just waiting to get my scan and seeing how young some people are that were in there for scans. Im only 29 but geeze there was a little girl about 12months old in there for chest xrays and another little girl about 5yrs old that knew the doctors by their 1st name so I assume she is a regular of some kind. Must be very hard on some families.

Great news about your brother in-law Petal. If this is just from stress in my case (like I hope)then I need to snap out of something. My life is pritty good really so stressing over things is not neccessary.

cheers Jayro!

Jayro - i am going to be straight up with you.

there is a 1 in a million chance it's a brain tumour or anything serious.

i would bet it's either

a) sinus related migraines. those little passages behind your nose, eyes and upper palate get blocked very easily and cause a lot of pain.

b) upper wisdowm tooth infection. upper teeth aren't "felt" as much as lower teeth due to lack of nerves and bloodflow.

c) your diet. i dropped wheat and dairy (i still have occasionally) and my sinus and migraines have cleared up and i feel i have more energy. so much so i was running around with the kids and twisted my ankle....lol.

d) maybe you need a good detox. i mean a REAL detox involving fasting.

e) processed meat will kill you. period. drop the ham, polony, proscuitto, cabanossi - whatever.

f) drink more purified water - and use a jug to POUR the water into your glass, don't just drink from the tap. pouring water puts the charge back into it which has a huge benefit to your absorbtion rate.

g) don't worry. stress is good, but too much is a killer.

so take it easy mate. just try these tips before jumping off a cliff and i'll wager you'll feel much much better.

drink more purified water - and use a jug to POUR the water into your glass, don't just drink from the tap. pouring water puts the charge back into it which has a huge benefit to your absorbtion rate.

I drink water from the tap, and have only recently thought about getting some type of filter when we our dams got to 17% - kind of scraping the bottom - and I thought a filter might be good.

However, I'm confused about the pouring to "put the charge back into it". Are you only talking purified water here? Curious to know more.

moving water generates an electrical current.

you have an earth rod on your garden tap for a reason.

take a sparkplug out of your car while it's running and watch it jump through rubber radiator hoses to the moving water inside.

cut your earth strap and run your hot water, then touch the tap and watch the room start to goggle as your eyes jiggle with the extra current.

nothing new or magic here, just plain science 101.

pouring water into a glass (not a plastic cup) puts a charge back intot he water. it's not much (it's 3/5 of a poofteenth of a volt) but a mildly charged glass of water is more refreshing than straight out of the tap - it'll taste colder and clearer.

try it.

I'm a bit confused Bluecard, the water coming out of my taps is moving a lot faster than water I pour from a jug in the fridge. If this is so, wouldn't it be just as charged?

Louise

Back