Happy New Financial Year 2012

Happy New Financial Year 2012 everybody.

With the new FY now underway, what are your financial goal/s for it??

Thanks
I'm getting my hands on more equity and will buy at least 2 more IPs and depending on the state of the share market I'll convert some of my spare cash into shares
cheers

Last edited:
I'm doing the most illogical, irresponsible thing and purchasing a new car....I don't care....I'm just going to do it :)

Happy new financial year :)

Cheers

Jamie

The same to you Rixter and hope its a successful and happy year too for you.
I am hoping this new FY will be better than the last.
I have quite a lot of loss to recover.
I hope to get a sale of a property very soon and that will help.
My venture into shares was/is woeful. I hope to live long enough to recover that loss.
All in all it can only be up from here.
yes l try to be positive.
Yes l know where l want to be
Yes l look for oportunities
I cant see the wood for the trees though lately:(

I look forward to reading of many more successes within the SS family this FY
cheers
yadreamin

Branching into cattle.
Should be great fun!!
Hope to add at least 4 properties to the holding this year, maybe try a small margin loan as well.

Well.....I've just used up every spare bit of cash and bought myself a cashbond.

I'm now off to the Bank to start LOE.....should be a hoot !! :)

Well.....I've just used up every spare bit of cash and bought myself a cashbond.

I'm now off to the Bank to start LOE.....should be a hoot !! :)

I wouldnt use a CB to LOE but you will be pleasantly surprised with the extra shed or three rental income generated!! :) .

Happy New FY

Happy new FY too. :)

Well this year will be pretty boring with paying down our debts. We stretched ourselves probably a bit too much with our fifth IP in the last FY. Include a wedding and month in Africa last year as well and we are definitely due a year of boring old saving... :D

What are you going to get Jamie? A porsche??? you would look good in a 911;)
You know it! You'll see me cruising the mean streets of Queanbeyan.

OK, maybe not.....I think I'll end up settling for something a little less extravagant. Let's not get too crazy now.

Cheers

Jamie

Why pay it off?
I had the same bad thoughts recently but decided to access the equity and gear it.
Hopefully the GFC will help keep interest rates low for a few years

I was waiting for that response! Yes I know it is contrary to a lot of advice, but It is:

-A goal that I want to achieve
-Have just had a child and we are down to 1 income
-Will be good for my SANF

Once it is paid off we will go hard again. I'll be waving that deed around like beyonce shakes her *** to any bank that will listen.:D

I was waiting for that response! Yes I know it is contrary to a lot of advice, but It is:

-A goal that I want to achieve
-Have just had a child and we are down to 1 income
-Will be good for my SANF

Once it is paid off we will go hard again. I'll be waving that deed around like beyonce shakes her *** to any bank that will listen.:D

That's ok, at the end of the day having a family and a life is also important.
The only problem with the title deed is finding a safe place to store it

Last edited:
My goal: earn more than $4k this FY, unlike last :eek:. Hopefully, buy my first IP too maybe even before I turn 19 (fingers crossed ;)).

HI yadreamin
Sorry to hear of your shares story. I used to be so much fond of playing shares, but now I think nothing better than properties--the beauty of property game is it's leverage, while with shares, margins borrowed will always have to be paid back into your account when the share prices went done...
If you really get onto a spreadsheet/Excel, and with some simple scenarios analysis, shares are not really any good game to play compared with properties..

Me too still have jammed shares but I am not much in a hurry to sell..but will certainly find a way out at due time and not playing that game anymore...

Don't get discouraged--I am sure you will find a way out and as you said the prices will hopefully have only one way to go, that's up...just a matter of time, and a bit patience, wile on ther other hand, decisiveness is required for a stop-loss strategy sometimes...

The same to you Rixter and hope its a successful and happy year too for you.
I am hoping this new FY will be better than the last.
I have quite a lot of loss to recover.
I hope to get a sale of a property very soon and that will help.
My venture into shares was/is woeful. I hope to live long enough to recover that loss.
All in all it can only be up from here.
yes l try to be positive.
Yes l know where l want to be
Yes l look for oportunities
I cant see the wood for the trees though lately:(

I look forward to reading of many more successes within the SS family this FY
cheers
yadreamin

HAPPY EOFY everybody :)

My goal/s

pay down some debt (recoup some savings)
Hubby and I both updated cars this last year (at least his is 100% business
We will actually get a decent depreciation back for his old ute so will offset the update :)

Contine growing 1st biz (up 9% 2010-11 YAY!! )

Continue aggresively growing 2nd biz (Aiming for 100% growth) This will mean throwing $$$$ at it.

Trip to Tassie in January to keep us motivated to buy land/house in 2013 (plan to move in 2014-15)

Back