Has anyone heard of Millionaire Property Makers in Perth?

Is this guy any relation to Natalie?

She was mixed up with Craig Turnbull and Co ( ASPIRE) from memory and they all did well, Craigs now back in WA again though (see one of Rixters posts)

He is Natalie's brother in law, she is married to his brother, Abel. All 3 were involved with Aspire/Craig Turnbull, I spent a fair bit of time with Abel and Nat around 5 years ago. They're both good people and very good at what they do, I also know people who have invested with them and been happy.

He is alkso a successful developer but I haven't had extensive dealings with him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Beware these guys

I guess I didn't know a lot about investing, especially in property and at the time I thought that I had made a good choice. Now when I look at it, they only had one area too invest in, which was a new development in Melbourne, the capital growth in this particular suburb had already boomed, around 34%. As they say a crash always follows a boom. Well a market correction. They had used these figures in there calculations which they presented to me on future growth.

We had dealings with Millionaire Property Makers or Property Millionaire Makers and at first they were good and told you what you wanted to hear. One year later and at what should have been completion of our investment property we began to have very little contact with these guys - Ian Barr, Ken Pritchard, Steve Gillespie.

We are not the only ones, there are another 30 investors from about 2 different developments in Melbourne that are now standing as vacant shells with no end in sight.

Our service agreement that cost $3800 was meant to be an agreement that would 'hold our hands' as we were first time investors. Once they received this payment and contracts were signed, communication dropped off and problems developed from there.

A really long story short, we are in our second year and still no where near completion of our first investment property.

My understanding is that he is one of the owners of Millionaire Property Makers and before I started with them I did some research, he came up squeaky clean....

I have purchased my 3rd property through Millionaire Property Makers and I must admit they are the real deal, they did what they said they were going to do.....

I can only speak from my own personal experience and am really happy with the properties, the investment strategies and service i got from them....

Jason

My understanding is that he is one of the owners of Millionaire Property Makers and before I started with them I did some research, he came up squeaky clean....

I have purchased my 3rd property through Millionaire Property Makers and I must admit they are the real deal, they did what they said they were going to do.....

I can only speak from my own personal experience and am really happy with the properties, the investment strategies and service i got from them....

Jason

Nice 1st post. Welcome to Somersoft. Are you on the company's board or payroll?

a shame that 1st time investors get embroiled in such complex developments - it should be as simple as find a nice second hand property that fits the bill and buy it. no wealth packages, complex development agreements, deposit bonds, deposit builders wraps blah blah blah

Jason

Nice 1st post welcome to the forum.

Care to share some info on the 3 properties you purchased?

Jason

HI Jason

Welcome.

Again, can you confirm you are not involved in any way with the firm (family, employee, paid or unpaid promotions) other than an investor.

You can imagine we are all sceptical when a 1st time poster comments as such.

Peter 14.7

Jason

Thats great

You were that impressed you searched for related threads and posted similar on an old 2011 thread on Property Investing.com yesterday also?

Jason

A Healthy dose of skepticism is good for the wallet, I'm just not sure what the correct dose is

We here at Millionaire Property Makers have become aware of the recent forum posts that have criticised us (mostly, if not all, made by the same person) and which contain allegations about the manner in which we have recently responded to a situation that arose due to a builder being placed into administration. The purpose of this post is to present the facts and to put any statements made in the appropriate context. Our reputation is very important to us and we cannot stand idly by and be silent when it is tarnished without any reasonable justification, and particularly in circumstances where we have done everything within our power to assist our investor clients.

The scenario of the builder encountering financial difficulties could not have been reasonably foreseen and was not in any way our fault. To put matters in context, the relevant builder had been operating in Melbourne for several decades and was a registered builder, approved by several public listed property developers. It is also important to note that this was not a builder that had been engaged by us, and we certainly always direct our investor clients to always do their own due diligence and to take legal, accounting and commercial advice in relation to all matters surrounding any property investment.

Our response upon being informed of the builder being placed into administration was appropriate and designed to assist all investors. Immediately upon receiving such notification, we sourced and assisted our clients to appoint a Melbourne-based solicitor in preparation for the anticipated lodgement of insurance claims on behalf of our clients. In addition, shortly after we became aware that the builder was facing difficulties, we organised a meeting and invited all of our affected clients to discuss the situation. Much to our surprise, only 2 invitees attended.

Further, during the claim lodgement period, we assisted our clients with document preparation which also included lengthy telephone discussions with clients and answering their queries and otherwise facilitating them with the process. In that respect we sent in the vicinity of 300 emails and made many telephone calls throughout the relevant period to various parties to facilitate the process. During the process these included telephone calls and emails with the solicitor, following up our clients who were not responding to emails and generally acting as the conduit between solicitor and our clients. We also participated in telephone conversations with the Insurer?s solicitors regarding contract issues. Our assistance with the process also extended to financial assistance. As well as contributing hundreds of ?man hours? of the time of our officers and staff as well as direct administration costs, we contributed towards the cost of site fencing and establishing 24/7 camera monitoring for the relevant developments.

Also, via our agent ?on the ground? in Melbourne and the appointed Melbourne based solicitor (both at our sole cost), we assisted in the process of sourcing a new builder to complete the projects. We were also actively involved in discussions with the developers with a view to endeavouring to seek a solution.

Once the Insurers had made settlement offers/ payouts, we stopped receiving calls and emails from the solicitor. Our subsequent investigations revealed that the solicitor had been instructed by 8 of our clients to refrain from communicating with us regarding this matter.

We later discovered that these same 8 clients had terminated the services of their solicitor and were in the process of appointing another solicitor. We have had ongoing communications with 3 of the remaining clients since that time.

We certainly understand how frustrating and traumatic this experience has been for our clients and we have at all times made it very clear that we welcome the opportunity to reopen the lines of communication with all or any of our clients in this matter.

Ultimately, we have done all we can to assist our clients who have fallen foul of these unfortunate events and feel that the portrayal of us in this forum to the contrary is unfair and not a true representation of our actions and our ethos in the way and manner in which we look after our clients.

Free Advice for Newbies

If you are serious about investing in property, or learning to invest in property, then the best and easiest way to go about it is to READ THIS FORUM. Join, ask questions, be a part of it! You will learn much more than going to ANY seminar by any so-called 'guru'.

It doesn't matter which one you go to! Some of them mean well, and give good advice, some are just snake-oil salespersons. The thing is that even spending up big amounts of money on the better ones, you are still losing a huge chunk of your deposit for your first IP. You can get the same advice right here, for FREE!

Now, in all honesty, I have never heard of this particular organisation that this thread is about, but one thing is for sure, you will be much better off in the long run if you learn how to do this yourself, without the help of seminars, especially the ones that have their own professions attached selling services like finance, buyers agents, builders, etc.

Yes, you will need finance! Yes, you might want a buyers agent too, but for heavens sake, don't just blindly deal with the people they tell you to use. Do your homework! Often, but not always, these associated professionals are more expensive, because they give kickbacks (if they are operating legally, these should be disclosed) to the organisation they are associated with.

Very true Skater.

Also, quite strange that a new investor would purchase outside their own State, just adding another layer of risk.

Back