Help me choose a business name

Hi Friend-Forumites

My business writing services have taken off and I want my business name to reflect that. I look at how people process information, how it is encoded and retrieved.

I use psychology to write for business.

copy writing for web
website analysis and feedback
write and research for social media
write newsletters
ghost write for publication​

"C_______ M________Communications"
C_____ M_____, using 1st & last name in real world but not posting here)

But today I got feedback it sounded like a telecommunications company. Rather than someone who writes for you.

Might use my tagline "The Right Words" instead.
Your suggestions/feedback please?

Last edited:
Hi Friend-Forumites

My business writing services have taken off and I want my business name to reflect that. I look at how people process information, how it is encoded and retrieved.

copy writing for web
write newsletters

Proposed name: "Wish-ga Communications"
(using 1st & last name in real world)

But today I got feedback it sounded like a telecommunications company. Rather than someone who writes for you.

Your suggestions please?

With having communications in your title, I know it doesn't neccesarily mean you are in the TC busines, but I would get that impression.

Why not something like Psychadelic Writers

Just like the good old show Dragons Den, I am happy to take 10% of your future business earnings if you go with my great idea!!:)

F

Why not just Wish-ga?

I prefer pretty anonymous names because they're more generic. If you change direction then you don't need to rebrand. And it's a shorter name so easier to remember.

Also, see my PM. :)

Major benefit is better business results.

+plus+
Employing me to write means my clients can attend to growing their business, and/or doing the bits they actually enjoy.

Many people are writing their own content. They know it isn't their forte. They don't enjoy it.But they don't know who else to ask.

Ta da! Here's Wish in a super cape with a sharpened pencil. Hero! (joking....I just want forumites to picture me as wonder woman type character)

Wonder Woman Wish-ga Writes Words (WWWWW for short)
Wish-ga's Copywriting
Wish-ga's Writing Services
Creative Copyrighting (I'm sure this one is taken)

How much you charge for a snappy slogan and a paragraph or two of "we do this" anyway? Cos I could use those *before* I get flyers and stationery printed :)

Hi Wish,

I would suggest part of your sig could work

RightWords or a few more that might spark an idea

Wordworks, Wordsmiths, Content Capital

Lets face it you are the word experts, should be a breeze (not)

Maybe a few wines and a stare at the ceiling will let the brain wander and be creative.

Tricky isn't it .......... I have had to come up with a dozen or more over the years.

Hi Friend-Forumites

copy writing for web
write newsletters

(....not really wish-ga of course, using 1st & last name in real world)

Your suggestions please?

Well its a lot about electronic communication so something that
reflects that like "E-Writer" for the web stuff and maybe another name
for print media.

Macca, Just like you said, I was thinking of using my tag line.

My Name "The Right Words"

I don't want an initial company name. Every time I try and call one to mind I get all the letters in a befuddle, or can't quite recall the correct initials.

Despite my full name being quite unusual it is easily recalled by people. Or maybe bec it IS unusual. So I want to take advantage of this recall.

My website is registered in myname.com.au (net, org, com).
And my pty ltd.

thank yous;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; Might work these into my site!!!
v-may Thank you - that's good using "e"
Rumpled-elf - great brainstorming, like use of word "creative", u are a WW yrself
Evand - made me really think and get it concise - thank yew dude
Graemsay - thx for heads up on domain names. V imp!
Fudge - like yr idea of working psych(ology) concept into name - thx 4 the synapses!

Can you be more specific? The best name for your business will probably come from the biggest benefit you offer a business that uses your services.

Why would a business hire you if they/you don't know how your services benefit them specifically.

Like "Profitable Writing" or "Writing for more leads" etc

Major benefit is better business results.

Can you be more specific?

Why would a business hire you if they/you don't know how your services benefit them specifically.

I take your communications to the next level!

Want hits to your site to lead to better business?

Want newsletters that reflect your company identity and build your brand?

Aspire to feature in publications to increase your own professional profile, and your business’ profile?

Need testimonials to attract the right sort of clients?

Want your website to connect to the reader? More enquiry and more business.

Can you be more specific?

I make Social Media relevant to your business!

Not sure if social media suits your business?

Don’t know what to Tweet?

No time to update your social media accounts?

Too busy to search the internet for social media content related to your business?

Always being asked if your business is on Facebook yet?

Not sure how a LinkedIn profile will make business connections and opportunities?

How about these?

Write Minded
Write Frame of Mind
Write Brain Communications

"Looking after the 3 R's. Reading, Writing & Research"! (Slogan)

Hi Friend-Forumites

copy writing for web
write newsletters

(....not really wish-ga of course, using 1st & last name in real world)

Your suggestions please?

Its hard to do that kind of thing for your *own* business. I've written copy for other people but I can't seem to do it for myself. You're too close to it.

Back