Help needed Delonghi ESAM6600

We have a Delonghi ESAM6600 coffee machine.
Recently it stopped frothing and after looking for the answer on the net I found the main problems for this are the three O rings and the Milk Pot lid.

I have purchased new O rings and new Milk lid and still no frothing.

When the problem first happened it seemed the spout was blocked and I tried to clean it out with a pin and there seemed to be an item in there.I then got the cordless drill and drilled the hole larger.(I know dum ****)

We can send it into be fixed but paying someone $165 plus parts I want to try myself first.

Who has this coffee machine?
If you have one of the same or similar I would like you to look at the spout and tell me is it solid or does it have a hole in it? :confused:

Seems to be a common problem with coffee machines.
Was talking to a lady in Aldi the other day who has given up on
her expensive coffee machines and bought the cheap capsule ones
from Aldi, she said this was her 4th in 5 years and all have failed
after warranty finishes and its the frothing part that fails.

Thankfully I'm a tea drinker.

Nope - drink green tea or plunger coffee ... no need to froth.

Is the frothing essential to make coffee?

I like my coffee in the morning,we have another machine that we are using so no biggie,
I will go to Harvey Norman and check it out,this machine is a few grand to buy so worth spending a couple of hundred on it if need be.

I like my coffee in the morning,we have another machine that we are using so no biggie,
I will go to Harvey Norman and check it out,this machine is a few grand to buy so worth spending a couple of hundred on it if need be.

moka.jpg

espresso.jpg

But that's just me....

Anybody?????

The whole planet just goes out and buys it now.

Why do ya think Starbucks is so successful, and the coffee is exhorbitant.

A world full of lazy doinks who make the excuse they don't have time. pfft

Or; maybe it's more way cool to buy coffee "to go" than to make yer own.

Look; we buy the occassional "to go" stuff too, and sometimes it's good, but not exclusively.

We lived in an apartment complex in L.A where they provided free coffee from a machine in the Clubhouse every day. It was reasonable...but free (actually; built into the rent fee).

People would come down in their pyjamas on sat/sun morning to get an instant cup of swill from this machine, and head back to their apartment - because they thought it was easier than making their own/too lazy/couldn't afford to buy their own coffee stuff...by the time you walk down there and back you could brew your own; 5 times better.

We have a drip-o-lator at home (like in above post). Buy our own ground coffee...great.

Yes we have this machine and have found it is essential to keep the o rings clean and also descale regularly. It is recommended to rub a little oil over the o rings to keep them clean, and it does make a big difference.

Are you able to put water into the milk jug and press the clean button on the milk jug? Its a good idea to do this each time you finish using it.

Yes we have this machine and have found it is essential to keep the o rings clean and also descale regularly. It is recommended to rub a little oil over the o rings to keep them clean, and it does make a big difference.

Are you able to put water into the milk jug and press the clean button on the milk jug? Its a good idea to do this each time you finish using it.

Thank you for replying,
Can you have a look at the spout that the O rings sit on and using a pin or something thin,slide it inside this spout and tell me if it is hollow or is blocked.
Ours was originally blocked so I thought this was the trouble so I drilled it out.
Just need to know if it is hollow or blocked so I can buy that new part if I need to.

Have this machine at work, it gets cleaned daily and serviced when required, if we loose power it can be hooked up to the UPS to continue working

Biggest problem would seem to be cleaning out the milk, filtered water is used so no descaling solution reuired, just the annual servicing

images

Drink Cofeee, it's cocaine for poor people...Do stupid things faster AND with more energy ;)

Back