Coffee Machines

Nice Lonewolf
Too many options, confuses me that's why I like to know what others are trying.

Also Westminster has the Nespresso Delongi at around $590, do I have to spend this much for a good coffee machine that uses capsules, I know nothing about these obviously.

I was hoping to pop into the Good Guys today and pick up a nice coffee machine that will take quality capsules at around $250

You don't have to spend that much, she's just one of those rich developer types :)

In terms of the delonghi ones I believe the actual coffee making parts are identical across the range so you're paying more for fluff once you get into the more expensive models.

I have a delongi, I will say stick to the budget, and buy what you can afford.

At the end of day, the machine has one single purpose, press button, and produces coffee.
Paying 250, 500 or 700, you will have the same result.

Maybe the 500 machine looks and feels better, but end result is the same.
And by paying double, you will not get to use it twice as long, unless they can guarantee that

mtr look for one of the machines on eBay that take lavazza capsules. I think they go for $60 which includes a separate milk frother and 30 capsules. You can then get 100 capsules for around $60. I much prefer them to nespesso as they have 7g of coffee per pod compared to 5g.

This as the best value coffee machine that I could fine.

mtr look for one of the machines on eBay that take lavazza capsules. I think they go for $60 which includes a separate milk frother and 30 capsules. You can then get 100 capsules for around $60. I much prefer them to nespesso as they have 7g of coffee per pod compared to 5g.

This as the best value coffee machine that I could fine.

IMO, In terms of quality of beans, Lavazza capsules cannot match with Nespresso. So the other question would be, quantity over quality?

I would say in general, if you go with the capsules, Nespresso is the go
But what machine to get, is questionable depended on budget

Yeah that's the nespresso marketing working pretty well lone wolf, there's no real basis for their beans being higher quality. If anything, lavazza has a better reputation.

I buy generic capsules anyway so have found that bean qualities are similar.

Yeah that's the nespresso marketing working pretty well lone wolf, there's no real basis for their beans being higher quality. If anything, lavazza has a better reputation.

I buy generic capsules anyway so have found that bean qualities are similar.

No, not marketing, but a matter of preference in taste
Hence, I have included (IMO) that the beans are better, again, I could be wrong, but that would be my preference

Fair enough, I misread your second paragraph as a definitive statement that nespresso capsules are definitively the way to go and that was what I was trying to address.

I have a delongi, I will say stick to the budget, and buy what you can afford.

At the end of day, the machine has one single purpose, press button, and produces coffee.
Paying 250, 500 or 700, you will have the same result.

Maybe the 500 machine looks and feels better, but end result is the same.
And by paying double, you will not get to use it twice as long, unless they can guarantee that

Or you coul pay $89 at Aldi

Just phoned Harvey Norman and they have a sale on all coffee machines, am definitely leaning towards Delonghi, just not sure which one until I view. Will check them out today.

After chatting to someone was told the more expensive models have an inbuilt cleaning system, sounds good me. After all am not using the super model because it was too needy.

The other issue is that I don't want to make full milk coffees and I don't want to use skim milk yuk, black coffee or short is too bitter unless I load it up with sugar. So basically I want to be able to make a coffee black and just top it up with regular milk, just like instant, but enjoy superior quality coffee. OK, am an amateur when it comes to coffee, I have been having instant for years, but I also don't want to start putting on weight and turn into a blimp.

I have tried EVERY method.

IMO the best is the simplest one - a good quality grinder ($200+), good freshly roasted beans and a little Bialetti stove top ($70-ish).

Least cleaning, best tasting and a cheap option!

Hmmmm.... I should really sell my machine.

Most machines are too much water/cleaning just for 1 cup.

Pod systems are too much waste (and more expensive over time).

But DavidMc, this still requires work/cleaning, that's why my super dooper coffee machine was never used, no one could be bothered cleaning it.

I did it, I purchased this last Saturday, and the coffee is great, no mess, easy, am absolutely loving it. I think the taste is just as good as other bean coffees I have had (no capsule).
The down side is it costs $1 per capsule, but its worth it. I am going to start buying bulk on line. I think if you spend $150 you don't pay delivery fees.

http://www.thegoodguys.com.au/buyon...1&cadevice=c&gclid=COu5yc_9k78CFVcHvAodNy0AOA

MRT, there are also plenty of generic capsules you can buy as well, some of which may taste better than official nespresso pods (subjectively).

Thanks Starter, I need to look at this, but most have told me the cheaper pods are rubbish/inferior...... please anyone share your secret, if you have found cheaper pods but still providing quality do tell:).

Thanks Starter, I need to look at this, but most have told me the cheaper pods are rubbish/inferior...... please anyone share your secret, if you have found cheaper pods but still providing quality do tell:).

I would say save the trouble/headache of looking for alternatives, what is an extra 30cents to you for a cuppa. Considering the numbers you are working on

The pods we buy here at Nespresso shops I believe are 70cents each

Back