Coffee Machines

Wow! How confusing is it to buy a coffee machine! There seems to be a huge number of brands and models out there all with varying price tags yet they all do the same thing. Make a cup of coffee from a capsule.

Can anyone make it clearer for me please?

I'm just looking for the type that make 1 coffee at a time.

Do they all do the same thing?
Do they come with milk heaters/frothers or is that separate cost?
Do they all have the same range of capsules?
Does any capsule fit any machine?
Cost of capsules? Same or hugely different between brands?
Are they easy to clean?
Warranties?
Can you recommend one machine over the others?
Can you recommend where to buy for a good price?
Have I missed anything else I should know? :eek:

Thanks

I think the milk question is the one worth looking at.

The wizzbang coffee machine they had in our office had no milk option. So it was basically a shortblack, or you could pour milk into it to turn it into a latte. Some of my workmates then used to microwave it so that it'd be warm again. Totally defeats the purpose of not having instant coffee.

Wow! How confusing is it to buy a coffee machine! There seems to be a huge number of brands and models out there all with varying price tags yet they all do the same thing. Make a cup of coffee from a capsule.

Can anyone make it clearer for me please?

I'm just looking for the type that make 1 coffee at a time.

Do they all do the same thing? Some
Do they come with milk heaters/frothers or is that separate cost?Some do some don't
Do they all have the same range of capsules?No
Does any capsule fit any machine?No
Cost of capsules? Same or hugely different between brands? Within ballpark of each other
Are they easy to clean? Yes
Warranties? Yes
Can you recommend one machine over the others? Not me, went a cheap option, it's lasted well
Can you recommend where to buy for a good price?Pods or Machines :D
Have I missed anything else I should know? Probably :eek:

Thanks

Some of the you beaut coffee machines are more needy than a wife ;)

Clean me, Rinse me, Descale me, Fill me up, Empty me, Add Water, Mow the Lawn (oops, not that last one)

I like the coffee pods

I have and aldi one. It cost $79. Milk warmer/frother was $15. Capsules are $0.37 each and I presume, machine specific and there's heaps of kinds. The machine has a 2 year warranty. It's self cleaning and very easy to use.

It does the trick.

But the capsule coffees cannot compare to a "real" one. At 1/10th the price though, they're good bang for your buck.

We've got a Jura J5 - purchase from grays online for less than $1k. I think they retail for twice as much.

Makes great coffee - been using it a lot for three years and have had no hassles.

It's easy to use - just press a button to make an espresso or a long black. If you want to add milk, you just use the little wand thingy on the side :)

Cheers

Jamie

My wife bought a Nespresso Coffee machine as George Cloony promotes on TV.

Product Range here

Cost around $450 & its excellent.

With the push one button it makes short blacks, long blacks, flat whites, cappuccino, lattes etc etc.

Lots of different capsules for it too including tea ones.

The milk container on it simply unplugs from the machine so you can put it into the fridge.

Only thing the wife doesnt like about it is George didnt come with it!

My wife bought a Nespresso Coffee machine as George Cloony promotes on TV.

Product Range here

Cost around $450 & its excellent.

With the push one button it makes short blacks, long blacks, flat whites, cappuccino, lattes etc etc.

Lots of different capsules for it too including tea ones.

The milk container on it simply unplugs from the machine so you can put it into the fridge.

Hear Hear!!

I bought my "nespresso" machine last week the DeLonghi Brand.
$300 (Cash Offer) from "The Good Guys" + $60 cashback from Nespresso.
Awesome !!

http://www.thegoodguys.com.au/buyonline/Nespresso_DeLonghi_Citiz_and_Milk_Capsule_Machine_EN266BAE

nespresso

Another Vote from me .

Daughter did barista Course and we bought a coffee machine which never got used. Work bought a nespresso

Now we have one at home and one at the weekender . Now I just have to persuade my new work place to buy one ..

Cliff

I like a stronger coffee- the Aldi capsule machine didn't do it for me.

I do have an Aldi expresso coffee maker- not automatic. I didn't like the coffee at all- until I got a grinder which grinds finer. I love the coffee now.

It is messy though. An automatic one would be good one day. Some don't make a good coffee- but there's one where I get my card serviced which makes a really nice coffee.

You really need to be able to taste the coffee a machine makes before you commit.

http://www.breville.com.au/the-dual-boiler-3963.html

I have that plus with a coffee roaster as a client and me having done a barista day course, clients come to visit just for the coffee :)

We have that one too Dave. A friend gave us a good one years ago. I sait it's crazy to spend that much on a coffee machine. But when it died I couldn't live without it.

Hubby is THE coffee maker (although I did break down and make one once when he went on holidays with his mates- don't tell him though ;)).

The only problem is everyone calls in for coffee and I walways get a text saying bring milk home on the way home.:rolleyes:

I haven't found any pod ones I really like.

Another +1 for the Breville machine and grinder. Though the only downer is ours is about 3 years old and the on button is slowly packing it in. It's used in average 1-2 times a day though.

My grandma had the adli capsule machine and my uncle has the top of the range nespresso and the both taste the same level of crapness.

Nothing like grinding your beans to extract from to make your own cup of coffee.

Another vote for the Nespresso - we have the Essenza model (bottom of the range) and are perfectly happy with it. Love the fact that it makes coffees fast enough to have one each before we go to work.

I have an Aldi one. I hate instant coffee so this is the only stuff ill drink at home. I still go for a real coffee at the local cafe a few times a week. To make comparisons on coffee, I'd say the Aldi machine coffee tastes the same as Gloria jeans coffees.

I use the woollies select brand pods in my machine and they work fine. I bought my dad a machine last week and there is now a sticker on the machine to say that non Aldi pods will void the warranty. Not sure if the machines are made differently now or just a monopoly statement.

Back