Help reading sewer plan

image.jpg
I need some help reading this sewer plan if someone knows how? I'm after depth of sewer and distance from fence line. My block is the one with F2.987 in it.

Really appreciate it if someone could help me out.

Thanks heaps

Roundhogg

View attachment 12402
I need some help reading this sewer plan if someone knows how? I'm after depth of sewer and distance from fence line. My block is the one with F2.987 in it.

Really appreciate it if someone could help me out.

Thanks heaps

Roundhogg

IL looks like the Invert Level, which is the height of the bottom of the pipe above some datum. The top of the pipe will be the pipe diameter above that.

Not knowing the state and drawing standards I can't help with the rest.

SL - Surface level 6.733
IL - Invert level 4.995

I'd guess that unless the plan is over 30 years old those dimensions are going to be Metres so it looks like its 2.738m deep (approx . . . the depth can vary across the block)

There doesn't seem an offset so the only way to find out how far it is from the fence is look over the fence and see how far the manhole is from the fence.(1.5m from the fence to the pipe is fairly typical)

Last edited:
SL - Surface level 6.733
IL - Invert level 4.995

I'd guess that unless the plan is over 30 years old those dimensions are going to be Metres so it looks like its 2.738m deep (approx . . . the depth can vary across the block)

There doesn't seem an offset so the only way to find out how far it is from the fence is look over the fence and see how far the manhole is from the fence.(1.5m from the fence to the pipe is fairly typical)

I concur. Not sure what 'PC 6.176' means though; at a guess I'd say the distance to the downstream manhole.

Most sewer lines I've seen are generally 1m from the boundary or 2m from the boundary if there is also a stormwater line on the same side of the boundary.

Offsets generally are not recorded on sanitary/sewer diagrams.

SL - Surface level 6.733
IL - Invert level 4.995

I think that would be 1.738mts deep.

Back