Henry Kaye

W

WebBoard

Unlimited Wealth (Henry Kaye) seminar summary
Date: 4/16/00
Time: 11:43:04 AM

Hi friends

I promised you a summary of the Unlimited Wealth seminar with Henry Kaye. It’s quite a long one, but I wanted to cover all key points. Hope you find it interesting and useful!

I spent my $47 and went along to the 4 hour seminar to hear a 31 yo multimillionaire talk about how he achieved his success. Run by New Life Corporation (a company started by another young millionaire), the seminar had 1000 people in attendance. All I can say is that the seminar delivered on its promise of giving you some real insights into how you can achieve success through IP, delivered passionately by someone who has done it well and truly!

The key speaker was a guy named Henry Kaye. He was a millionaire by 24, having started an IT company and taken it to $45m in 5 years. He entered property development and three years ago got burnt with some bad deals, and faced bankruptcy. He knew nothing about property and figured he needed to find out all about IP to get himself out of the hole. He interviewed 530 investors / fin planners / accountants/ real estate agents, etc, all in a period of 6 mths. (He wasn’t working full time at this point given his wealth generation and subsequent ‘silent investor’ entry into property devt). The result is a system he has developed that has allowed him to purchase 121 IP’s over the last 14 mths, worth more than $50m, using virtually none of his own money!! (This got my interest!!) He always purchases 20%+ below market wholesale and receives an average nett rent return of 8.5% on all of his cash positive properties!!

Henry spent 2 1/2 hours talking about investment, retirement planning basics and then gave some of his strategies for success. In summary they are :

1. Always buy new places, off the plan, within 7-10k of the CBD in a major city. (Greater depreciation and capital appreciation if in the right areas) 3 bedroom townhouses in good locations – high quality on small, low maintenance blocks.

2. Always settle up to 12 months + out. Buy off plan and get property revalued before settlement and leverage equity to borrow to max capacity. Get the bank to finance you to 90% of contract price or valuation – whichever is higher.

3. Always IO fixed loans. Borrow the whole amount. Do not use any of your own money; if you do, make it minimal.

4. Never give a deposit – use a bank guarantee / deposit (costs you $500-$2500, but frees your cash – little known & used strategy)

5. Never buy at auction as you are paying in excess of reserve, which is deemed as the market price. As such you are paying too much. Always go private, or negotiate directly with developers.

6. Henry trades property very successfully for ‘fast cash’. Buy in the right area, at wholesale and value add. ‘Sell’ the rental yourself for an hour to a prospective tenant. Never leave it to an agent. He doesn’t list with agents. He approaches all agents in the area and gives them the opportunity to refer prospects to him, and he handles the inspection. If the prospect is successful the agent is paid $1000. Gives great incentive for the agent to seek and refer the ‘right’ tenant. (SOUNDS LABOUR INTENSIVE?)

7. Henry negotiates with developers directly and purchases in multiples. He has strategies that teach you to gain 3 times the finance the bank would other wise lend you. He can teach how (at no cost?) to get AA rating for your rent up to $100,000 for a 10 year period – no risk of rent loss.

8. THE CLINCHER – Never ever sell – just refinance. This was worth the value of the ticket alone. Henry illustrated how you can generate $2-$4k per week TAX FREE passive income in 10 yrs by purchasing one $300k IP every year for 10 years. (He teaches how to get the finance, and cash positive IP’s make affordability a non issue). In brief, assume you purchase an IP for $300k and borrow the full amount (forgetting costs for this example). Property @ avge 7%+ cap growth doubles in value every 10 yrs. By Yr 11 your $300k IP is worth $600k. Go to the bank and refinance to 90%, being $540k. You have a consistent debt you are refinancing of $300k, meaning you have just released $240k equity (540-300) as totally TAX FREE income.

This is your lifestyle money! Because you never sell you aren’t charged CGT and it technically isn’t income, so you don’t pay tax on it! You do this every year and release the equity. By yr 21 in this example you refinance your now $1.2m property to 90%, being $1080k. Your new equity release is $540k as you refinanced in Yr 11 to $540k and capital growth has driven your equity exponentially.

OK, where to from here? The seminar was an intro into a 3 ½ day (45 hours!) seminar with Henry where he teaches you the details of all of his specific strategies. In addition success psychology is covered by Adam Hudson, who runs New Life Corporation. Cost? Around $4k for 3 ½ days. Can be paid as $349 down with $99 charged every month for 35 months. (Sounds a lot, but you could make this amount incrementally by employing some of these specific strategies in no time I would think – it’s all education – and tax deductible!)

Only concern I have (which is holding me back from signing up) is whether the focus on trading as well as investment means that you have to devote serious time to pursuing these strategies to make them work. I’d love to pursue IP’s all day however like most people have a busy job that makes it difficult to do this. I’d love to hear from someone who has attended one of these Unlimited Wealth seminars and get an insight into this issue and whether attendance was worthwhile.

I hope this summary has been helpful. It really was worth attending. I’ve developed a spreadsheet model to test the ‘buy and never sell’ refinance theory that Henry preached, and it does work. I’m more than happy to send anyone who is interested a copy of the model. Just drop me a line at [email protected]

Love to hear some feedback on whether you found this useful, additional thoughts, etc.

Cheers, Bill

Last edited by a moderator:
Eddym

Reply: 1

Re: Unlimited Wealth (Henry Kaye) seminar summary
Date: 5/23/00
Time: 12:14:27 PM

Hi Bill, again. I printed your article of 16.4 on the above and was particularly interested in the concept of revaluing periodically. How would you go about that..get a qualified valuer to do the valuation or use the valuer used by your financial institution?

An example: If I have it correct: Assuming you borrowed 100% initially, if you had a property that you purchased 6 months ago at 200K and today it is worth say 250K, based on valuations, you would borrow an additional 50K and you would be able to keep the 50K (or use it to pay off a first mortgage, new investment property etc??? How does that sit with the ATO? Eddy

David

Reply: 1.1

Date: 4/17/00
Time: 11:51:33 PM

Bill,

Thanks for the excellent summary. I too attended the same seminar and found it worthwhile. Are you going to the weekend job?

There are a couple of questions I had though, which you may be able to answer, they are:

1. Henry talked about getting pre-approval before buying off the plan, however, said that to borrow 100% or more finance, that the property would need to be re-valued in six months or a years time, to realise the increased equity. Obviously, the pre-approval does not take into account the future value of the property. I know that this may be a minor point, but it seems a little risky unless you have the extra cash ready as a plan B in case settlement comes along you can't get 100% finance. Do you agree? Or did I miss the point somewhere.

2. Henry talked about getting a bank guarantee WITHOUT security for $500 or thereabouts, do you have any idea how this is possible? Something to make you go to the next seminar I guess.

3. Similarly, the handouts for the 3 day seminar mentioned legally avoiding stamp duty. Any ideas? Would this only apply for trading?

4. Regarding the ten year, 10 house strategy, Henry mentioned (but did not go on to explain) that it was absolutely untrue that income was required for an equity loan, and that "equity could be capitalised" (did he mean that interest could be capitalised?) - Any ideas on this one?

(by the way Andrew G - Henry argued that the interest payable on borrowings used as income is paid for by the rent, which theoretically increases proportionally to the capital value being borrowed against)

Regards David

Andrew G

Reply: 1.1.1

Date: 4/18/00
Time: 8:59:07 AM

I understand that the rents will cover the interest. All I am saying is that the increased rent is taxed but the interest this rent is covering is not deductable.

This is not a big deal as tax is not that difficult to reduce to near zero. I just noted it as these guys never mention it in the big plan.

The stamp duty can be avoided/reduced in the buying process and is not influencd if you trade or hold the property.

Andrew.

Sanchez

Reply: 1.1.1.1

Date: 4/18/00
Time: 9:32:25 AM

Andrew

You wouldn't be willing to give out any hints on how to reduce stamp duty would you?

Sanchez

Bill

Reply: 1.1.1.1.1

Date: 4/21/00
Time: 8:58:48 PM

Hi David

Thanks for your feedback. It was a good seminar. I'm not planning to go to the 3 day effort at this stage as I'm concerned that the emphasis on the DIY and the trading component may necessitate devoting a lot of time to implementing the strategy. I'd love to but in honesty with a busy job don't know how true to it I could be if it was really training you for a 'full time investor' type role. I'm also concerned that it may be info overload for three days looking at the schedule. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for expanding knowledge however have been to enough intense conferences to know that it is difficult to absorb everything when in a cramped timeframe. Someone please challenge me and tell me my fears are unfounded if they have been to one of these! Are you going David?

Re. your questions:

1. Assumed 100% is leveraged against the total portfolio eg. Borrow against other IPs at 100%, keeping in at the 90% overall limit. Not sure re Henry's comment about how you don't need to mortgage your house even if no other collateral - any ideas?

2. Don't know about the bank guarantee deal. Would love to know!

3. Think the stamp duty avoidance is via buying off the plan at the earliest possible point. (That is my takeout)

4. Ditto for the 10 house / 10 year deal. Not sure about the equity comment. My thought was like you that he was talking about interest capitalisation.

Good luck, and thanks for feedback!

Cheers, Bill

Les

Reply: 1.1.1.1.1.1

Date: 4/23/00
Time: 2:21:08 AM

Bill,

Boy - you were REALLY paying attention at that HK seminar evening - what a great summary!! Yeah, I was there too - and took away a few thoughts as well. But you must have listened harder than me ;^)

Re your comment:-

"1. Assumed 100% is leveraged against the total portfolio eg. Borrow against other IPs at 100%, keeping in at the 90% overall limit. Not sure re Henry's comment about how you don't need to mortgage your house even if no other collateral - any ideas?"

What I think I got from HK re the above, was a 3 pronged approach -

1. Always buy 20% below market price
2. Arrange finance at "90% of buy price or valuation - whichever is HIGHER".
3. Buy off the plan - long settlement.

3 is not mandatory - but it sure helps to make 1. and 2. more workable/possible.

1 and 2 can stand on their own (IF you know how - I don't yet, but others obviously do, and we pay them to do their seminars and find out HOW).

And 1 and 2 provide the answer to your comment (above) e.g. you buy a $250k property for $200k, and arrange finance to $225k (90% of $250k) - gives $25k to cover other outlays...

Does that help? Or did I misread the question?

Regards, Les

Ian (NSW)

Reply: 1.1.1.1.1.1.1

Time: 2:24:53 PM

Hello Bill Thanks for that most informative feedback!! In theory sounds somewhat similar to Kevin Young's (of Investors Club) formula. Anyway stand by your e-mail as I will request a copy of your example. Cheers Ian

Andrew G

Reply: 1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1

Time: 7:09:38 PM

Thanks Bill.

I have dealt with a company in Sydney that will do all the investing for you. They also have a bank guarantee for 10 years on the property value, rent and cash flow. Not a bad deal.

The Tax free equity is true but you will then pay interest on the equity drawn out of the property. This interest will not be a tax deduction as it is not a loan for investment purposes. So from your example the $300K equity you build you then borrow out say $250K tax free but now have a new interest bill of an extra $25,000 pa (I use 10% interest as this is more like the long term average for Australia). Minor detail but not to be forgotten.

My only concern for this stratergy is that it totally relies on the property cycle. I don't think that it is as clear cut as everyone thinks however as Henry Kaye invests within 7-10 km of CBD it is more of a reality. My concern would be if you are say 10-15 years from retirement and take this strategy on (PLEASE don't get me wrong I really like this approach. It is one of the best on the market) as your only plan and we go through a 7 year slump you have very little time to recover before retirement.

What if the Wall street correction on Friday is the beginnings of a recession/depression. Even if this isn't the big drop what if it is the start of the volatility leading into it (which always happens). Buying 1 year out and hoping for capital growth in a falling market is not a very exciting prospect.

It just means this plan doesn't work in a bear or sideways market, and we won't have a bull market forever. What do they say 2 recession and one depression in a life time. How many people do you know who have lived through a depression? However buying at a 20% discount is great start and will give you a little protection.

Just a few thoughts.

Thanks again Bill.

Andrew.

Bill

Reply: 1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1

Re: Unlimited Wealth - ATTN ANDREW G
Date: 4/21/00
Time: 9:06:10 PM

G'day Andrew

Thanks for thoughts. Who are the mob in Sydney you mentioned who set up the deal for you? Do they do Melb as well?

Rgds, Bill

David Cavanagh

Reply: 1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1

Re: Unlimited Wealth - Henry Kaye !!
Date: 5/20/00
Time: 9:10:56 AM

Hi Guys,

Just a little "tip" on Henry Kaye and his strategies etc etc. I worked for New-Life Corporation as a Brisbane Consultant and attended the full Gold Coast 3 day event, so I can voice my opinions very loudly compared to most people in this forum. Henry Kaye is a brilliant and a very honest man:- his strategies have proven to work incredibly well and his results attest to his "strategy workability". The Gold Coast seminar was amazing; it covered MUCH more than the 4hr intro night, and was very well accepted by all attendants. I laugh when I read "Oh but I might go....Oh I don't have time...Oh but what if....etc etc..."

New-Life Corporation says "pay $349 down and $99 a mth for 35 mths, and if you're not happy with the seminar you get $349 back and $400 for wasting your time". Now tell me the truth - why wouldn't you go if you were really serious about your IP?? A lot of people should learn from Henry's results, that his strategies DO work - and the only thing stopping anyone from attending his seminars is YOU and your mindset and excuses! This reply is not meant to be directed to any person or persons on this forum - I no longer work with the company, so I do not get commissions for saying anything - just get to the seminar and as Henry Kaye says "perform extreme due diligence, and treat it as a business".

Please feel free to phone me if you need answers to any questions on 0404 145559

David Cavanagh [email protected]

Back