Here is a pilot of my new tv show coming soon.

So your paying $1250 per tradie for approx 40 hour week before tax?

Where do i get one of these tradies please? :D

BTW does the $5000 include there travel costs etc to KEMPSEY?

Also these 2 tradies who supposedly have all these skills are working for $1250 per week?

Geez I need to get these fantasy tradies onto my books too hehe

Its a flat fee, they drive there and either stay onsite or i pay for a cheap weekly accomodation.

They invoice me and I pay.

Its good labour, and these guys are retired lisenced builders.

Thats still $60k per yr, and they run their own show.

Something is still very fishy here........................

Unless they are related to you or doing it from goodness of their hearts then it doesn't sound realistic to me at all.

Maybe a tradie on this forum can confirm?

Why the negativity?

Even if the numbers are out a bit, it still stacks up for Nathan, otherwise he would not have proceded.

Lets wait to see final figures.

Regards
Marty

Why the negativity?

Even if the numbers are out a bit, it still stacks up for Nathan, otherwise he would not have proceded.

Lets wait to see final figures.

Regards
Marty

I dont think questioning Nathan's numbers is a bad thing?

Sure anyone can get cheap material if they want to Project Manage the whole renovation which he seems to be doing.

But the figures he has provided for labour is just not realistic.

Please correct if I am wrong.

Theres no need for it to sound fishy, they work at their own will....

I guess maybe we should start a new thread on tradies and their numbers on another thread?

Or does it sound better if i just tell everyone a bathroom is $10k, a kitchen is $10k and the roof is $20k, and the painting is $5k.

That would be a stretch of the truth because they are not my numbers.

Regards,
Nath.

I dont think questioning Nathan's numbers is a bad thing?

Sure anyone can get cheap material if they want to Project Manage the whole renovation which he seems to be doing.

But the figures he has provided for labour is just not realistic.

Please correct if I am wrong.

Maybe the numbers are wrong?

Not wrong for me, but wrong for others.

At the end of the day, the previous owner purchased these two houses at $69,000 each and I purchased for $8,500 each.

Does it mean then that everyone has to pay the same for labour?

Does it mean that its impossible to do anything?

I guess the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and getting the same result, if one isnt getting the result they desire, maybe try a different course, I know my course is getting the results I desire and this is adiquate for me.

I reckon I could get cheaper then this, some how way shape or form, but I cant be bothered, this works for me.

Its outside some comofort zone, or seems like too much hard work then maybe people are better off buying these properties for $150,000 once completed.

but how long will it actually take the tradies to complete the project? If they finish in two weeks then that's $2,500 pw each

I'm sure the tradies are getting paid what they think they are worth or they wouldn't be doing it on a flat rate.

Don't do the nitty-gritty

Hi Nathan,

This is why I never do the nitty-gritty detail anymore on this forum.

People fail to recognise / respect the unique specialty of your refined areas of strength. You obviously have a decent system going, it's making $ for you, yet when people sit there on project # 1, they simply cannot take your "system" and replicate it.

They simply cannot "see".

I could try and do the same Nate about how you go about financing some huge industrial complex, but once you got into the nitty-gritty of exactly how you weave your magic.....it gets too hard to "see" on deal # 1.

Getting a bit heated ...no need to be...I am only questioning how Nathan has got such cheap labour and not everybody will be able to do the same....

I have always maintained support for his objectives and best wishes given, just questioning some numbers I find hard to understand.
Well and good for Nathan, but not the sort of numbers you can convince anyone else to follow in your footsteps unless you divulge the phone numbers of those tradies....:D

Nice try thorpey....:rolleyes:

4 weeks for a total reno by 2 tradies...can be done for sure....not sure about the quality of the work though...

I am a tradie of 27yrs experience and have worked on many reno and new projects and for me the numbers don't stack up...sorry for that...:( But as I say...good luck to you Nath...you buy well...not only your properties but your trades and materials....well done...!

Dont get me wrong I am not trying to flame you but just pointing out figures which dont seem right.

You say

At the end of the day, the previous owner purchased these two houses at $69,000 each and I purchased for $8,500 each.

I would think the previous owner/s purchased the two properties before they were burnt? Assuming they had insurance they would have made money overall from the deal.

You purchased the properties for $8500 each which is great, you are project managing the renovation and buying cheap material is also great.

But saying that a Sydney tradie who would be going to site in Kempsey on many occasions is charging $1250 for an approx 40 hour week before tax for doing the renovation is definitely fishy.

You can say what you like about finding cheap labour etc but even blind freddy can see that is not realistic.

How does he expect to sell his show unless he goes into 'nitty gritty' details?

I dont think people want to see just the renovations, they want to see the figures although it is nice to see a fire damaged house looking all spunky lol

Hi Nathan,

This is why I never do the nitty-gritty detail anymore on this forum.

People fail to recognise / respect the unique specialty of your refined areas of strength. You obviously have a decent system going, it's making $ for you, yet when people sit there on project # 1, they simply cannot take your "system" and replicate it.

They simply cannot "see".

I could try and do the same Nate about how you go about financing some huge industrial complex, but once you got into the nitty-gritty of exactly how you weave your magic.....it gets too hard to "see" on deal # 1.

How does he expect to sell his show unless he goes into 'nitty gritty' details?

I dont think people want to see just the renovations

I'm not sure about that. Of all of the TV shows over the years, most are what I would call "lollipop" TV.

The viewer gets a little taste and alot of fancy overviews, but the nitty-gritty is hardly ever, if ever, scrutinised and interrogated.

Heavy analysis and nitty-gritty apparently doesn't sell....puts people to sleep.

I'm not sure that's wholly true though, as there are millions of doubting Thomas' all over the world.

We are in the murky world of where the seminar presenters leave off and the harsh dog-eat-dog world commences.

Gotta Jet guys,

Thanks Dazz,

Thorpey, All good mate wasnt leaning towards you on those comments.

I4P, all good, this property aint fire its another reno, but this should be easier except i gotta add roof so similar costs,

i don't have a prob with the figures ... fantastic that he's found those two guys.

i case anyone didn't take notice - they are two retired ex-builders. they know their stuff. probably don't need much dosh. enjoy keeping their finger in. a spot of fishing after knock off. flat rate so if they pull their stuff together and finish in 3 weeks then they make extra.

beats retiring to watch daytime tele and potter in the garden.

what i've found over the years is that good tradies are not necessarily expensive - and if you treat them well, with respect and pay promptly - they look after you too.

Nathan I want to thank you for sharing that level of detail. I'm quite happy to believe, and take it at face value. Even if some some aspects are still hard for my mind to grasp I think you have quite a talent.

Can I ask you about tradies in this way. If you found yourself with a project several hours out of lets say Adelaide, given time do you think you could find similar labour in Adelaide? What would you be thinking, or what would you do?

Nathan I want to thank you for sharing that level of detail. I'm quite happy to believe, and take it at face value. Even if some some aspects are still hard for my mind to grasp I think you have quite a talent.

Can I ask you about tradies in this way. If you found yourself with a project several hours out of lets say Adelaide, given time do you think you could find similar labour in Adelaide? What would you be thinking, or what would you do?

Hi .toe,

Its all about networking, if I were presented with such a situation i would have to build a team there. Try a pub or tradies and people who know people....

Depends what situation is.

If your doing bathroom reno for example I wouldnt use these guys. I would use a tiler, and get a labourer (maybe apprentice) to gut old bathroom and re sheet the walls for example.

I have 2 tradies whom work.

$10,000

/ 2

= $5000 each

/ 4 weeks

= $1250 pw

Does 4 weeks sound unreasonable?

Im happy to be proven wrong, but I am the one who balances my books and pays them, so I would immagine I know the numbers by now?

If your retired builders can finish that place in 4 weeks in an unfamiliar town working for $30 per hr I would be gobsmacked. You actually say on the promo that it will be 6 - 8 weeks which is more realistic. That's another 10k if it takes 8 weeks + cost of accommodation and living expenses. Again I love your skills and committment mate but forgive me for being sceptical on this one. :D

If you're going to show people of the public how to do this you need to let them know all the realities - not just the gloss. This will really help them go in with both eyes open. That includes your own time and money doing the research and travel as well as organisational time.

Look forward to the actual costs on this one. Either way I'm sure you will do well. Just be careful in that part of Kempsey ( I grew up just down the highway a bit). A lot of social problems in that area so make sure your guys are staying close by and you have a good security system. ;)

All the best with it. :)

As someone who works with figures daily, Nathan's project doesn't seem too unrealistic. Impressive, yes, but not unrealistic. Some investors are better at these things than others and I think that Nathan may have proven himself skilled at driving a bargain by now.

So, good work, mate, and thanks for sharing the detail as well as the vid. Hopefully, we'll see this on air soon, hey?

Back