Highgate WA: let's build a baby apartment block thread

DAC done.

Fair to say they were underwhelmed by the proposal - one person thought I should just build a single family dwelling on it :(

They will come up with their recommendations and we'll work from there

It's not insurmountable :)

DAC done.

Fair to say they were underwhelmed by the proposal - one person thought I should just build a single family dwelling on it :(

They will come up with their recommendations and we'll work from there

It's not insurmountable :)

Are your plans fully within the zoning regulations for this property?

Can you explain the process you are going through, as it sounds very different to where I am developing.

Thanks,
Matt

within height, within plot ratio, within EC and AC provisions for extra storey, asking for a slight front setback concession (that was a blindside).

they were pretty opinionated about it, very minor discusssion about policy and all how "i know the area" kinda thing....

Sounds like developing in that area is a real crap shoot.

Purchase a property, come up with great plans within code and some Nimby on a panel still says no, due to how they "feel" about it, and you are screwed.

Sounds like developing in that area is a real crap shoot.

Purchase a property, come up with great plans within code and some Nimby on a panel still says no, due to how they "feel" about it, and you are screwed.

Bloody Nimbies lol!

The DAC is kind of like a heritage overlay council - they want a say on the look and feel of all developments to make sure that it suits the area blah blah blah. It's not a normal WA thing.

You get a 10min presentation spot, then 10 mins for them to ask you questions then you get kicked out and they have a chat about it and you get sent their recommendations.

However the final decision is up to the Planning division so we'll see what the DAC says and work from there.

To reduce the height of the development Aaron went back to the drawing board to come up with a new elevation which will be more acceptable.

Attachments

• 5D copy.pdf
    76.3 KB · Views: 451
I must say, Aaron has done a bloody good job with that - they look great.

I agree :)
I'm doing home work on wood and wood alternatives for the panelling. Scyon is nice as an alternative.
I love the look of wood but I'm worried about maintenance so I'm trying to increase my knowledge.

I agree :)
I'm doing home work on wood and wood alternatives for the panelling. Scyon is nice as an alternative.
I love the look of wood but I'm worried about maintenance so I'm trying to increase my knowledge.

Myf
I like it.
There must be wood alternatives. I have seen alternative wood decking which looks like the real thing, not sure what it is???

There is no way you would want wood the maintenance would be a nightmare.

MTR

it's a mod-wood style weatherboard - comes from NZ based company - can be used vertically or horzontally, just a basic "V" joint.

i wouldn't put ANYONE through having to oil cedar cladding like that....!

Noice

e_cladding_s2.jpg

Australia-National-Building-Material-407597-420x275.jpg

Back