Hooray my son just got a job!

Well it looks as though 2009 is just getting better and better for us!

My 20 year old son left school at 16 and then spent 2 years getting an IT diploma, found a job after about 6 months which he managed to also lose a few weeks later and since then has found it impossible to get work in IT. He does casual work at the SES call centre but shifts are very occasional. He has applied for many many jobs but not only have interviews been few and far between but most companies don't even have the common decency to put people out of their misery and let them know when they have been unsuccessful.

However on Wednesday he went for an interview and today he got the call and was successful! Good to see him bucking the trend as I thought with all the unemployment D&G going around at the moment it would become even harder for him to get a job.

I win on two counts, I get board and a much lower electricity bill as he won't be home all day using his computer.

Looks like another excuse to hit the booze on a Friday night!

Well I get paid some on exchange and the rest on settlement so it will take a little while to come through, sadly it will have to go on some of the debt we had to have to stay afloat last year but will certainly help us to get back on our feet!

I only have 8 homes left to sell in the development so might be shopping around for another job in a few weeks time, the good thing is that there have been quite a few jobs popping up in r/e lately.

That's great news Sparky. Things are not as good as they once were in IT. Seems that the downturn in other industries (banking & finance for one) have had a flow on effect in IT.
What type of job did he get? Is it contract or full time?

I wonder if they pull the FHO Boost how the market will go then? I know its going ganbusters atm.

Yeah but remember there were only 2 FHB out of the 7 sales over the last few weeks for me and with the FHB cleaning out so much of the stock the next wave will be coming through.

Don't you think that property can lead us out, I know that Obama said that property had led the US into the recession and it would be property that led them out again so why not here?

Yeah but remember there were only 2 FHB out of the 7 sales over the last few weeks for me and with the FHB cleaning out so much of the stock the next wave will be coming through.
I was referring to your next possible job in r/e. Sure they are bust atm but what about after 30 June?

Don't you think that property can lead us out, I know that Obama said that property had led the US into the recession and it would be property that led them out again so why not here?
I don't honestly know. I don't think property lead us here in Aust. into recession - it was the share market that tanked.

I guess nobody honestly knows all we can do is make it up as we go along!

Sorry yes I see what you mean about jobs, I am hoping there is something else in the pipeline with my present company as they seem happy. Otherwise I now have experience in 3 completely different fields so should be ok.

Back