House design - please your opinion

L&G,

We've received the drawings from the builder today .

I've noticed that there is no exit from the garage to the house , as well as from the "carport" ( which is actually a "boatport":)
In addition, I'd rather prefer to have the entrance instead of powder room ( we don't need it ) .
Where would you suggest to place the entrance from the garage - in proximity to portico or the wardrobe ?

Please your opinion regarding design in general .

Your opinion is greatly appreciated

BR
gprp

Attachments

• page1.pdf.pdf
    19.7 KB · Views: 161
  • page2.pdf.pdf
    13.9 KB · Views: 146
  • page3.pdf.pdf
    13.6 KB · Views: 151
Why not just put the door from the garage to the left of the main door? There is a lot of space there so it's not like it's going to be crowded?
I also personally would be putting some windows in the garage...but that's just me. Dislike of boxes and all that.

my opinion, swap powder and laundry, folks don't need to see dirty undies on the way to the powder room, as its usually used by guests,
swap the ensuite and robe, so the doors don't clash, whilst it is used.
the entry is too large unless its being used for another purpose, ??
i hope i have helped, ;)

Thank you very much for your prompt response .

I am absolutely agree that the entry is a huge waste of space .

Craigb ,
What do you mean by " swap the ensuite and robe, so the doors don't clash, whilst it is used."
Please your explanation , I don't see any other door except the entrance to master bedroom .

Focas, I am agree that without windows the garage will be adark kingdom . I am just too lazy to scan the file again :)

In addition, I don't think we need a powder room at all , therefore I've extended the laundry and added an extra door .

I've amended the design , what do you think ?

BR
gprp

PS My Mrs started to complain about the kitchen . The sink location is on the right hand side , hence there is no place for quick lunch . It looks to me that it is unpractical if we place the kitchen adjacent to the owen on the left hand side .We thought to connect two sepparated parts of the kitchen to form "y" shape . Please your thoughts.

Attachments

• design amended ground floor.pdf
    138.7 KB · Views: 140
Last edited:
on page two you have the walk in robe, and the ensuite, bedroom 1,
see how the door going into the bedroom covers the WIR, half way,
if you swap the ensuite and robe over so the ensiute is to the left, and robe to the right side the two doors would be further away from the entrance to the bed room , you could use a large sliding mirror to cover both entrances too!

Thanks Craig ,

I've enclosed the amended drawing above.
What do you think if I'll decrease the size of the entry , add WIR on the left hand side of Bed 1 ( requires to remove the window ) and increase the size of ensuite ?

Kind Regards
gprp

I had a play :D
picture.php

I like angles and a little bit of wasted space in an entrance looks nice i think.
I spun half the staircase around, so you can see it when you walk in, and it will look nice when coming down the stairs aswell i think, without a wall infront.
As for the top level, if you leave it open it will look nice. Or you could put a cuboard up top which is more functional, etc.

I'd leave the doors on the two wir's upstairs out, not necc imo.
Bed 3 can have a more open entrance instead of that little bit of wall sticking out with the wir door gone.
This wir will have to move down a touch, to make headroom for the moved staircase, which will make it the same size as bed 4, or you can leave it as is, meaning it would lose some of the lower internal space.
Bed 4's robe can go all the way to the left, freeing up space at it's entrance.
Upstair's WIL has wasted space - i'd make it the same as the neighbouring small square WIR = no wasted space.

edit: i was just looking at my mods... and i'm thinking that better to leave the stair case as it was, since there isn't a wall there but the opening to the sitting room + provides easier access to the main areas of the house.

Hi Vincenzo ,

Thank you very much for your time and suggestions .
I am agree with you that WIL have to be the same as the adjacent WIR .
We would like to use Ens in Bed 1 as a powder room too, hence we prefer the toilet to be located close to entrance .
We've decided to substitute WIR in Bed 1 with a robe ( it just a guest room for my mom , don't want her stay with us for too long ;) .
In addition , we would like to change the kitchen shape a bit .I am not keen to have the basins on the right hand side , also it is more safe ; we can put a safety barrier between the frindge and a bench table

I've enclosed our design proposition .

I am still not sure about Ens in Bed 1 , you suggestions are greatly appreciated

Kind Regards
gprp

Attachments

• ground floor design final.pdf
    134.6 KB · Views: 131
I like your new ensuite layout, it's better to have the basin in the middle! There is a lot of room around the toilet, so the basin &/or shelves can be a little bigger.
Notice how i moved the wall of the wir over a little bit, widening up the entrance a bit. I think you've made the entrance a little too small, it's nice to walk in a place and it immediately looks and feels big!

The new kitchen is alot easier to secure, but the original kitchen is like mine, which is quick and convienent to use. I'd go for two barriers instead of restricting access to the kitchen, but in my kitchen i just put some cheap plastic child locks from bunning on the inside of the cupboards. They've been working fine for 2 years.

Hi Vincenzo ,

Thank you for your comments .
Agree with your suggestions regarding the entrance , I will increase the size .
We will swap the family and dining areas , therefore it will be more efficient to keep the bench table as it is for a quick breakfast .

BR
gprp

Back