How do I copy mp3's to iPhone ?

A friend asked me to copy some music to her iPhone so I plugged it into the USB port thinking I would see a file directory which I could copy the music into but I could only see a subfolder containing pics and vids.

I notice iPhones are badly designed with no SD card slots so can anyone please advise how I copy mp3's to it. These are mp3's stored on a hard drive.

You will need to use itunes.

Start up itunes, then add the songs into itunes library, then sync to the iphone.

The step by step, search youtube. Oh btw, if you sync it into a new computer, it will wipe all apps installed. Have fun.

Oh and you can also use dropbox (think of it as hdd on web), but can be a privacy pain because you will be sharing accounts or letting them login in your pc.

Or jailbreak and use iexplorer I think, or something, it browses the whole iphone, but be prepared to be flooded with a zillion folders and you have to search the web where iphone keeps its music files or you will be lost forever.

Pain in the ****. Get android, just works like a hdd.

A friend asked me to copy some music to her iPhone so I plugged it into the USB port thinking I would see a file directory which I could copy the music into but I could only see a subfolder containing pics and vids.

I notice iPhones are badly designed with no SD card slots so can anyone please advise how I copy mp3's to it. These are mp3's stored on a hard drive.

That only happens if you've got an andriod phone :D

+1

Also the fact you have to transfer the files with one of their proprietary $29.95 cables instead of a $2 mini/micro USB... :rolleyes:

I actually got this going with a $2 cable purchased from Dealextreme.com (free postage too). It even charges too.

You can buy a cable for $2 at the local reject shop. Open iTunes and drag your mp3 files into your iPod music folder on iTunes. Dead simple.

Or use a simple little free program called sharepod. Even simpler.

+1

Also the fact you have to transfer the files with one of their proprietary $29.95 cables instead of a $2 mini/micro USB... :rolleyes:

+1

While you can buy cables, you don't need to.

The cable which is used for charging can also be used to connect it to the computer.

If you can charge the phone, you can copy files.

I use iTools now instead of iTune.

It is a free program that makes managing iPhone files exactly the same way as any android product.

Simply copy the files you need from your computer to the Apple device.

Thanks, I managed to sort it out after installing iTunes.
Agree iPhones are crap.. hard to believe they don't have memory card slots and you can't even change the battery. I'm happy with my rooted Sii running ICS. The Siii looks nice, might look into it once prices come down a bit.. currently AU$630-670 over here.

20120613_162428_462x768.jpg

i dont own an iphone but still seem to have to deal with these problems from less technically mined people getting me to fix it for them.
itools sounds interesting might have to have a browse i have used a few programs to get stuff off the iphone
im sure there is a way to not have to wipe everything if you sync to a new computer dont quote me on that though

Back