How do i get layout of sewer pipes for my property?

I used dial before you dig and got some PDFs but they are not detailed enough.

Is there another way to get it?

I heard you need to go to city hall?

Are there any websites that provide details? I remember some give you layout of gas pipes lines.

Do you know any draftsman? I called one today and he checked the location of pipes on my property after the DBYD searches didn't pick up much at all.

In Victoria you can get sewer plans from reece plumbing stores. I think all plumbing suppliers for that matter. Not sure if its the same up north, I suspect it would be though.

Are there any websites that provide details? I remember some give you layout of gas pipes lines.

Just ring up the BCC help desk,tell them you want to purchase a plumbing layout-plan,it's quite simple to do..imho..

You've probably got all that is available. What you need now is technically called a pick and shovel. Or if it's a big job a small excavator. Start digging. If you're lucky you don't break the pipe.... Good luck. LL

In Victoria you can get sewer plans from reece plumbing stores. I think all plumbing suppliers for that matter. Not sure if its the same up north, I suspect it would be though.

I was under the impression in VIC this is held by council. AJB, did you manage to get sewer plans for individual property from Reece plumbing.....i assume this is paid service....I might have to visit them

I am keen to know plans for my individual property, especially how the roof gutters are connected to main sewer pipes..

If your roof is connected to your sewer then you are in more crap than a Werribee duck.

Reece act as agents for some of the water authorities and have access to the information that you require.

Tools

I'll second Tools on the comment above. You are not allowed to run rainwater from roof plumbing into the sewerage system. Rainwater is usually run into a soakwell etc. You are not even allowed to run it on the ground if it will drain into the public stormwater drains.

On the subject of pipe plans, I got a set of plans online from the water authority, but it was not very useful (schematic, rather than showing actual locations). I think it depends on how detailed the plans are that the plumber submitted to the water authority.

The free Dial Before You Dig service should show the location of the main utility infrastructure.

I second willair

Dual before you big will give you the main. Your sewer will come of that and run to your house. Other plans from council, bcc,quu who ever runs it these days will have a sketch from the plumber when it was installed.

What do you want to know?

The plumbers sketch will give you a rough idea then it's a matter of connecting the dots in the yard, once you know what the dots are! Where the main is there will be some indication, round lid. Then up to the house there will be more inspection openings or lids. Connect the dots and you'll get a rough line!

Back