How much would you pay for a handbag?

Hey Tizzy, did you know there are a number of hand-bag rental places around? Instead of buying one, you can rent the latest Chanel, Dior and other top designer handbags and change them as often as you want.

http://www.milaandeddie.com.au/Products.asp

So if you get bored with your handbag you can just change it whenever you want.

As for myself, I am not a handbag person and spent about $10 on a small black number from a hippy shop at a suburban mall. It is a bit too small though but I wouldn't personally spend more than around $20 - 30. But like others have said, it's your money so you should enjoy spending it how you want.

P.S, OO, I love your new avatar!

Bull dust.........

You send those Leonard Cohen LP's right up here please.........I'm sure I could arrange a couple of tons of iron ore as payment........:)

And in regard to the bags Mrs Nor and I have a system. She looks at them in the shop, tells me how extravagant it would be for her to buy it even though she loves it so much and walks away..............leaving me to go back to the bag section (usually while she's checking out the lingerie)....and make the purchase. It is then gifted to her..............sounds crazy but it works for us.

And it also beats standing around the womens lingerie section whilst various items are waved in front of your face and held against various parts of the female anatomy for comment.............:eek:

ciao

Nor

Natmarie what an extraordinary idea!! I can see a rental facility for expensive statements like designer bags could be very useful for models or fashion industry
people generally.

Norwester you like Mr Cohen?? You have taste. He is THE MAN!! The total voice. :cool:

Hi Tizzy

All this talk of handbags, and after doing Bill Zheng's weekend course, got me thinking that I DESPERATELY need to upgrade the handbag.

Of course when I was looking for a handbag I could not find "the one". Went to go grocery shopping and there it was in the window. Wasn't on special, but she did give me 20% off :) how lovely.

I am now the proud owner of a black sleek handbag that now fits the "image" and the personal stuff. Seems I gotta look the part and change my mindset. Working on the wardrobe next...

Thanks for the inspiration Tizzy

sunshine

I am now the proud owner of a black sleek handbag that now fits the "image" and the personal stuff. Seems I gotta look the part and change my mindset. Working on the wardrobe next...

Thanks for the inspiration Tizzy

sunshine

Black, sleek handbag,

Sound's just like the Manbag, I got for free from L.J.Hooker.

Dave

Kathy Van Zeeland bags are delightful - they like company though so you will possibly find yourself with several. :D

Guess have GORGEOUS bags for under $200.

If you want a brand name hand bag get it. It will change your life.

I bought my wife a $700 lovely Burberry hand bag a few years ago. The deal was this was to be in place of birthday, Christmas and anniversary presents for 12 months. The Mrs agreed and loves this bag. She got something she really wanted and I didnt have to remember the buy a gift at the said occasions.

We have done something similiar each year since then including a $1200 Louis Vuitton hand bag and $2000 diamond earings.

She loves the LV hand bag, seem to get prefential treatment in shops. Appears more cosmopilitain and confident

Though there are many fakes out there most are easy to spot (the LV logo is not centered ). She feels good. Life is good.

Scott

About two weeks ago, I wandered into the new Perth Gucci store while waiting for an appointment. I looked around and spied a bag in the window that looked absolutely fabulous. The sales assistant took it out of the window to show me and after listening to the sales pitch and hearing how the bag was part of a "Limited Edition" collection she told me it cost $4685.00. I could not remain in the shop after that, I was giggling too much.

I will find a nice bag, but it won't cost any more than $300.00. I like the idea of a bag from an unknown/ lesser known designer. :) Nice bags Sailor. :cool:

Sailor
I am now hooked on those bags...which one I just can't decide!!! :confused:
Chris
Chrispy, David Jones often have sales for Scala handbags...ring them and find out when the next one is. I also bought a matching leather belt for 50% discount...so now have the belt, handbag and matching wallet. Bought them all about 5 years ago, and still no sign of wear n tear...I think they'll last a lifetime.:D

What are you doing awake at this time?? :)

I've got an excuse, I'm missing my little boy who's gone on a uni exchange to
Sweden for six months.

What are you doing awake at this time?? :)

I've got an excuse, I'm missing my little boy who's gone on a uni exchange to
Sweden for six months.
A mother's love! I'm sure he's having a whale of a time!;)

I'm always up around 5-5:30....best time of the day to get the computer work done...no phones...no interuptions...peace n quiet.

PS....we are a couple of hours ahead of you!:D

hahaha I completely forgot about the time difference.

It's still too early for any sane person to get up though Sailor, 5:30 am!! :eek:

I'm definately a night owl and not an early riser.

Just did an ebay search and turned up eight Scala items, most seemed brand new and still not "cheap". Put in a search and any time anyone lists anything with "scala" in the title or description you will be sent an email. You could catch a real bargain.

Wylie

Thanks Sailor, I am going into the city tomorrow so will call in at David Jones and ask when the next sale is!!!

Chris

Back