How not to add value to a unit.

Hi All

On the executive of a block of units. We have had complaints from a lower unit about the unit above them leaking into the lower unit.

Was sent some pics by the managing agent and obviously the unit owner has done a whole lot of unauthorized work in the bathroom and no doubt did not use sufficient, or for that matter, any water proofing.

There used to be a bath over shower configuration. So when you look at all the shower work done this is in the space where a bath used to be.

I suspect the main motivation was to make room for a washing machine to sit next to the shower recess.

Apart from everything else how safe would it be the have running water from a shower rose right next to a washing machine.

Cheers

Attachments

• 7,2 A (870 x 580).jpg
    7,2 A (870 x 580).jpg
    70 KB · Views: 170
  • 7,2  B  (870 x 580).jpg
    7,2 B (870 x 580).jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 154
  • 7,2 C (870 x 580).jpg
    7,2 C (870 x 580).jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 171
  • 7,2   H  (870 x 580).jpg
    7,2 H (870 x 580).jpg
    62 KB · Views: 149
Last edited:
holy sheet! how much grout is holding that shower floor together....?!?!?!?!

Maybe the owner asked the tiler to install a grout floor with tile inlay? :)

RE the water... if you have power next to the shower I would think a solid barrier eg glass shower screen would be a requirement... would depend on building code I guess

RE the water... if you have power next to the shower I would think a solid barrier eg glass shower screen would be a requirement... would depend on building code I guess

AS3000:2007 Electrical standard.
I have always disagreed with it but a shower curtain is an allowed barrier so for the next 0.6m past the barrier it has to be RCD protected and in a cupboard.
Past 0.6m is OK with RCD protection.

Back