How will the electric car change property investing???

gel packs and lithium are one way to solve the elctrical crisis.

tantalum is a superconductor but is UBER rare - Wodjina mine 70% of the world's tantalum in one little mine - comparitively.

Tantalum. The new blood diamond in certain 3rd world African nations

The big talk now is biofuels from algae? Algae is simply using photosynthesis to convert nutrients into some form of carbohydrate or vegetable oil, which can be used to produce biofuel. Much like what an oilseed crop does now like sunflowers or soybean or canola, but is say 20 times as productive per hectare as a crop. But if it's 20 times as productive per hectare it will still require 20 times as much nutrient and 20 times as much water. There is no magic involved.

Where does all this extra nutrient come from?

I dunno, maybe there are foods other than grains, that can be grown without too much relative effort, which will provide the neccessary nutrients?

There are a couple of problems with batteries: They only "cycle" so often before they degrade and they have a "shelf life" anyway. They use rare earths and strange metals and are a far bigger environmental problem than the greenie promoters care to acknowledge.

I see no indication that the domestic fleet of lower usage cars can be economically converted to pure electric. Until/unless they develop a workable gas powered ceramic cell the cars in suburban garages will be much the same as they are now for a long time yet. High fuel costs will cause people to drive less, not different.

Thats one opinion. High fuel cost will also change attitudes. Which is more important than all of the above. You nor i can not know what one person or another will do. We can only guess.

My guess is people will get over such a change like every other change in history and not only will they embrace the elec car, but create amazing new industries because of it. You know the usual thing with change.

As for cycles....do you know all the cycles for every battery tech out there? i follow the industry very closely and i cant keep up with the advances.

Everything in this world degrades and everything has a shelf life so thats a bit of a non arguement. If i could be bothered i would show a tech from last year that lost only 20 percent of its charge after the equivalent of travelling 200 000miles at 100miles per charge. Rocky mountain institute i believe it was

So yes wear and tear is like anyting else in this world. Like me but hopefully ive got a few more "miles" left in me :)

Back