humorous surnames

Okay, .... A company where I worked in the 1980's (Alcoa) had a secretary at the Booragoon head office named Mary Gobbles and her Manager was Phil Roots .... honest!

They also has a supervisor at the Alcoa Kwinana refinery who's surname was "Thick". All supervisors had their name printed on the front of their white safety hat, so he had to walk around all day with "Thick" written on his hat.

Went to primary school in England with a kid named Neville Knock.

Mystery .... :p

Hi, a girl at Uni I knew was called My Toe.

I remember My Shock when I was 1st introduced to her. Our parents weren't English speaking but at uni, our common language was English because we all speak different dialects anyway.

I'd think that many Cambodians & Thais would have names like that because Mai is a very common character in Asia.

Had a colleague called Shock Chin. And there're some rather unspeakable ones. Kok is a very common Chinese surname & second name because it means "nation" and is considered patriotic.

Combine that with Harry and it becomes uproarious.

KY

Kok is a very common Chinese surname & second name because it means "nation" and is considered patriotic.

Combine that with Harry and it becomes uproarious.

And in some dialects "fatt" is "fortune" and also used as a name.

So Fatt K..... :eek: is more than likely.

The Y-man

This one is a bit rude but hilarious.

Where I used to work as a sysadmin, usernames were first 5 letters of surname, first 2 of first name eg Andrew Smith = smithan

A new lady started whos name was Nuala Cummings.... and so the user creation spat out her username...

cumminu

After we picked ourselves up off the floor with laughter, we got special dispensation from the IT manager to vary away from the standards for that new user, lest her business cards and email address be emblazened with that unfortunate combination.

Talula Does the Hula from Hawaii

http://voices.yahoo.com/talula-does-hula-hawaii-latest-bizarre-1719343.html

"The Associated Press on July 24, 2008, and other news outlets, have reported that a judge in Australia overseeing a custody case ordered a name change for a 9-year-old girl whose custody was contested. The name given to her by her parents was Talula Does the Hula from Hawaii. The girl in that case, Talula Does the Hula from Hawaii, was so embarrassed by her given name that she refused to use it.
The AP story cited several other baby names in addition to Talula Does the Hula from Hawaii that have been rejected by Australian courts including Fish and Chips, Sex Fruit, and Yeah Detroit. Inexplicably, the names Number 16 Bus Shelter and Violence escaped scrutiny in this country where the law precludes names that would cause offense to the reasonable person.

Talula Does the Hula from Hawaii and the other banned Australian names are just a sampling of bizarre names parents have attempted to name, and in some cases succeeded in naming, babies in recent years.

A New Zealand court last year forbid a family from naming their baby 4Real. That name choice was said to be motivated by the parents' amazement on seeing their baby's ultrscan.

In 2006, Malaysia published a list of forbidden baby names in an effort to discourage parental choices such as Hitler, Smelly Dog, and 007. Among the names banned by Malaysian authorities: Khiow Khoo (Hunchback), Chow Tow (Smelly Head), Sor Chai (Insane), and Woti (sexual intercourse).

Talula Does the Hula from Hawaii, Violence, Smelly Dog... what are parents thinking when they choose these names?

No Tulula Does the Hula from Hawaii in These Countries

Many countries have naming laws that are designed to prevent lifelong embarrassment to the baby. Such countries often attempt to forestall the use of aliases by requiring that people use only their given names. In France, Germany, Hungary, Spain and Argentina, among other countries, parents of newborns are required to choose names from a government-approved list. In Denmark, the government list includes 7,000 names. Denmark parents wishing to name their baby any name not listed require church approval.

U.S. Names More Bizarre than Tulula Does the Hula from Hawaii?

Two children in the United States have been named ESPN after the sports network.

But some of the most bizarre names given to babies in the United States have been given to children of celebrities. Four decades ago, musician Frank Zappa drew attention when he named his first two babies Moon Unit and Dweezil. The hospital refused to put the name Dweezil on the Dweezil's birth certificate, something the family did not discover until Dweezil was 5 years old. At that point, they petitioned a court to legally change the boy's name from Ian to Dweezil. Since then other celebrities have chosen bizarre names for their babies including: Comedian Penn Jillette who named his daughter Moxie Crimefighter. Shannyn Sossamon chose to name a child Audio Science. Jermaine Jackson named a daughter Jermajesty.

The British musician David Bowie named his baby Zowie.

Bizarre Name Regrets

When no one steps in to stop them, do parents ever regret giving their babies bizarre or unusual names?

A British couple is said to have come to regret naming their son Drew Peacock upon belatedly realizing that running the name together can produce an unsavory interpretation".

Hi Ajax,

I have a tea towel beside the PC which I use to muffle my laughs if Mrs Dubs is sleeping, and I find something hilarious on the web.

Its just had a massive workout ! !

Back