I am now a grandma!!!

I just want to say that I became a grandma on Thursday evening and I am stoked.:D
I now have a lovely grandson who weighed in at 9lb 1oz (4110gm). I was with my daughter the whole time and I would have to say it was the most amazing experience to watch a new family come into being. BIG LOVE.

We haven't been able to hold him yet as he is unwell but hopefully in the next day or so.....

Anyway I just can't help myself I am so happy- let the spoiling begin:D

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Joan

We heard the news :) We had a celebratory cup of coffee on Friday morning :)
Hopefully we will see pictures next time you are up here with "the girls" :)

Hope bub and Mum are well.

Thanks guys I am so excited I am like a little kid hopping from one foot to the other!
...and I started shopping MONTHS ago!! I have just washed and hung out the last load. We hadn't really bothered with the "00"s and he is so big I am now getting them ready as I don't think he will get much use from the "000"s.

Congrats Joan (Nanny-J's in the house)!

Thats' fabulous news!

What's his name? Does he have much hair? Who does he look like most?

Does he just have a bit of jaundice & he's in the 'baking' crib for a day or two? Wishing him good health, much love & a wonderful life :)

SO wrapped for you & a big 'job well done' to mummy as well :)

Regards,
M&M

Congratulations!! It is lovely to be a grandma.

I have a step daughter and 3 lovely grandchildren (I'm too young to have grandkids of my own!! :D). Its lovely to be able to smother them with love, and then hand them back!! But its amazing just how much we love them...... they are like our own kids.

I just farewelled my mum yesterday after a long, difficult journey with dementia. the grandchildren, who range from 9 to 20-something where all involved in the service, and it was great to see the influence and impact that mum had on their lives. My kids only have one grandparent left, and we really miss having them around.

My other interesting observation from my father and my relatives is that grandfathers really come into their own as well. I was watching my uncle at the funeral, with his granddaughters. He was always a bit awkward with his own kids, but just was so natural with his granddaughters..... my father was just the same.

So make sure you give those grandfathers plenty of opportunities to get involved!

and again, congratulations!!

Congratulations Joan, I am so pleased everything has gone well. Can't wait to hear his name.

Grandchildren are such fun!!
Marg

His name is Jackson and I am trying to attach a piccy. The parents finally got to hold him this morning.

Attachments

• 183838_10150106819024082_724229081_6095965_160643_n.jpg
    183838_10150106819024082_724229081_6095965_160643_n.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 61
Great news for you Joan (and hubby). Congratulations. Health and happiness to Jackson and his parents and to all of you :)

Congrats Granny J!

There's plenty of cuddles ahead for you. Was the little fella born at Selangor on the coast?

I wish your family all the best, and some productive sleep.

I just got back and I got to kiss him:D
He is out of the humidicrib and in a normal cot and it looks like tonight will be his last in special care-off to the ward tomorrow with all the other babies! :)
His mother is on cloud 9.

Back