I don't want to go to work tomorrow

That's all. I don't want to go. I need a break. I've had 2 sick days and no leave in over 12 months. I think I'm sick. Even if I'm not I think I could convince a Dr that I need a day stress leave. I just need a break. I'm tired. I'm over it.

Anyone else not want to go to work tomorrow?

Last edited:
Luce,

Then why ARE you going? What are your plans for the next 12 months?

In contrast I love working and look forward to Mondays :)
I was one of those uni students that actually loved exam time too!
Just a workaholic I guess :D

Every single day, I "don't want to go to work tomorrow". Sometimes the stress does make me feel physically ill.

For me, property investment is about being able to quit, simple as that.

Counting down til August... ;)

I haven't "wanted" to go to work for quite a while. But I HAVE to go. Seven days a week, probably 360 days per year. So far this year, only two days away- there was a wedding in Victoria, with a lot of stress in getting down and back.

"Be your own boss". It's not all it's cracked up to be.

The worst bit is when you get a phone call at 7:15AM to say that someone is not there. You have to immediately jump out of bed, shave and shower as fast as possible, and drive (I'm half an hour away) to cover someone (probably with a hangover) doing the same amount of work in 75% of the time (by the time I can get there).

We have our own company - I remember a few years ago being very unwell just as I got to work, and decided as soon as the PA arrived I would go home, as soon as I could extricate myself from the, er bathroom. About 20 minutes later, the PA rang in sick with exactly the same problem (dodgy lunch the day before?) so I ended up having to stay at work, while she stayed in bed for the next two days.

Yeah, self employed isn't what it is cracked up to be.

I consider myself retired for three years now, at least I haven't had that terrible feeling when the alarm goes off on a Monday morning and you have to do a job you would rather sleep through.

Much faster than replacing your income with passive investments to quit a job you don't like is simply to reverse the procedure.

Last edited:
Luce
Go to work
Speak to your boss candidly

Tell him/her you need a few more days off as you havent had a break and its that or you quit.
Usually, if you're a halfway good employee, they'll do something to come through for you. Maybe even give you next week off - noting Friday is a public holiday.

End of the day its a mutual relationship

Or just get real drunk now, show up to work, throw up on them and say - I think I better go home... that'll do it.

And someone else will have to clean it too if you go home

Hearing the story of your boss having to do that might now give you a good enough reason to go.

:)

That's all. I don't want to go. I need a break. I've has 2 sick days and no leave in over 12 months. I think I'm sick. Even if I'm not I think I could convince a Dr that I need a day stress leave. I just need a break. I'm tired. I'm over it.

On a less zen and more practical note and as someone who knows what you are feeling.

It's a powerful feeling... Use it for positive change whatever that is instead of letting things continue to eat you.

My change cycle:

I've found my greatest periods of advancement in life have come after periods of prolonged unease with my situation, then follows a period of uncertainity and nerves as you question the changes you are making and wonder why you are being so crazy; better off just continuing to do the same old things, then the period where you look back and say 'what took me so long?', I think the trick is trying to minimize time spent in the first part of the cycle.

Know the feeling

I used to dread Sunday nights as I knew Monday would soon follow.

Now its easy... Just go to work on Sun night :eek:..... (night shift)

Im not taking the P$## it is actualy easier, cos I dont sit around waiting for Monday.

You need to find one of those jobs where you go to work to have the day off.

It's called security ;)

If you are lucky, you get to sit in front of the computer for the whole shift, doing your own stuff, like study, run an internet business, read forums and so on and so on.:D

I have a job I actually like and never dread going to.
I also have a co worker who is constantly moaning about wanting to quit work.
She could quit tomorrow, if she stopped handing money over to her adult children. Two still live at home and the other has purchased her own home , but my co worker gives the daughter $100 for every 5 lbs she loses (diet).She figures she would just give it to her anyways, as she is struggling financially.(daughter is a nurse,)
She never checks prices at the supermarket.(her own admission). Her sons never pay enough rent to cover their food.
She could give up the second car.Stop spending money on junk food at the vending machines etc.Her husband would be able to claim her as a dependant on their tax return.
She is becoming more moody and starting to fight with other co workers.
Her other 2 sisters are on long term disability...I think she is jealous.She has no one to blame but herself.

Luce.rocks, is there tension at work from co workers?
Do you feel you are not appreciated?
Has it always been "I don't want to work tomorrow"?
What has changed?

I'm a great believer in taking regular breaks from the routine of working. Especially if the work is particularly stressful.

The fact that you feel so strongly that you aren't up to going in is a clear message. Organise some leave and give yourself that well earned break. Lay it on the line for your boss.

Gosh...what's wrong with a "mental health" day? Tis not unusual for tension and stress to build up at work. That's what "sick leave" is for. It's to have some time off to get strong and well again.

Having said that, we all need to take our annual leave. The reason being is that we need to have a period of relaxation and recuperation for just working.

With our very busy and active lives, how much "quiet time" do people take each day? Just time to sit and cogitate! Time out from all the other "stuff" that happens.

Could be your lifestyle doesn't do much to buffer you from the stresses and strains of daily living!

You can do the Miller-Smith Lifestyle Assessment Inventory here:
http://www.taichiaustralia.com.au/index.php?page=stress-test

Then have a look at those items on which you got high scores. These are the ones that have room for improvement.

I just got back from a great week on the gold coast with my family. About a week before that i returned from a 2 week holiday in Bali. Yes, being 'your own boss' is all its cracked up to be. :)

Geoff, it sounds like you fell for the old 'passive income from a franchise' lure.

Luce, my suggestion is to research and study to start your own business from scratch. You seem like a pretty motivated, switched on person. It shouldn't be too difficult to at least replace your income doing something you love and/or are talented in.

It takes quite a bit of effort and risk to get started but the results are definitely worth it. You'll get out what you put in.

Failing that. Use a LOC (from your IP/PPOR equity) and buy a business in something you love. Or will love doing.

Just get out of the PAYG rut asap. If you would like have a chat about it, pm me.

Read The 4 Hour Work Week by Timothy Ferris. It's one of those 'this is how I did it, but I was lucky & it's probably not repeatable' books, but it does have some good ideas.

Back