Ideas on weekend or evening job options

Edit: Also, as I was casual I didn't have to do any of the TAFE courses, just learnt on the job.
Most of the personal care ads here seem to want OH&S, a carer's cert II that I can't think of the name for, and always a police check. I was going to look them up but there's currently no ads in our area for carers! Think that's the first time I've seen THAT!

Could really use a little money on the side myself (saving for a house deposit) but ignoring everything they say about equal opportunity, discrimination and all that jazz, noone in their right mind would hire me right now and I'm sure they'd think of every excuse in the book not to *other* than the real reason.

thanks for the replies guys. Keep them coming.

hey rugrat. nightfill sounds like the sort of job that suits my criterias of hours and close to good public transport. How does one go about applying - just rock up to the store and speak to manager, is there a recruitment agency/hr department I have to see, ...

Most of the chain stores (BIG W, Kmart, coles etc) have applications online nowdays.

Most of the personal care ads here seem to want OH&S, a carer's cert II that I can't think of the name for, and always a police check. I was going to look them up but there's currently no ads in our area for carers! Think that's the first time I've seen THAT!

Could really use a little money on the side myself (saving for a house deposit) but ignoring everything they say about equal opportunity, discrimination and all that jazz, noone in their right mind would hire me right now and I'm sure they'd think of every excuse in the book not to *other* than the real reason.

RE - check out a temp agency if there are any in your area. They love pg people, because the work is only supposed to be tempory.

looks like i'm even more limited in my choices now that my arm is in a cast - and the dominant arm to boot - sigh. oh well, will keep searching.

RE - check out a temp agency if there are any in your area. They love pg people, because the work is only supposed to be tempory.
There aren't ... :(

You wouldn't happen to know anything about dictating/typing in kind of work? I hear about it in passing, where you get sent recordings of letters or minutes or whatever and have to type them up and you can do it remotely. THAT kind of work would be great. At the moment we just fix the odd computer and the work is very sporadic.

I'd feel a lot better about our tight budget the last few weeks to get the house deposit together (we paid it two weeks ago) if the idiot sales guy would actually reply to any of my emails (they're getting deleted unread) and the builder themselves knew what was going on. If I knew this was going to happen I would have left it another pay or two so we didn't overextend ourselves :mad: The builder does so many nice houses around here they are the logical choice and there'd better be a reason we're being screwed around.

There aren't ... :(

You wouldn't happen to know anything about dictating/typing in kind of work? I hear about it in passing, where you get sent recordings of letters or minutes or whatever and have to type them up and you can do it remotely. THAT kind of work would be great. At the moment we just fix the odd computer and the work is very sporadic.

A friend of mine in Perth set up a business doing typing/ dictation/ accounts etc. I haven't used her as much since I've been in my current job, but I would fax her handwritten notes, at the end of our business day in the east, and she would type them up in the afternoon and have them back to me by the beginning of the next day. She was much more reasonably priced than similar services in Sydney, and she could get the work done on the same day because of the time differences. So, perhaps you could advertise on-line and pick up some similar work.
Pen

Back