I'm baaaaack

Just logged in.. surprised my login still worked, actually! Apparently I last visited on 20-06-2005.

Wow how time files! I had to sell a lot of my properties as I was negatively geared, got retrenched and got chronic fatigue, then had two kids accompanied with shocker pregnancies.

Just contemplating my first reno now that life has stabalised, can't help myself. ;)

Hope everybody from "way back when" is doing well.. looking forward to interacting with all the new folks too!

Cheers

Julia

Welcome back CF. :cool: I know you are just one of hundreds of "lapsed members" but I will admit to curiosity about what happened to those who leave. I will read your posts with interest.

Welcome back

Look forward to updates on the reno then as it's amazing what some people can do to change a property

Welcome Back...

Wow a long time.....indeed!

Still got stuff in in the Upper Hunter (i.e. Kurri Kurri). I bought one near Maitland this year. Renovating much?

Are you still in IT? Would love to hear what you have been up to in further detail?

Hey Julia

Welcome Back! Of course I remember you -especially that horrendous reno you had to endure in Cessnock, was it? Anyway nice to have you back on board after so long. Lots changed in here but I'm sure you can see that for yourself. Not so many of us "oldies" around but many more discussions going on now about all manner of things ;)
Happy reading :D

Thanks..

for the warm "rewelcome" folks. :D

I still have a couple in Kurri Kurri.. one I managed to keep through my great sell-off of 2005.. the other I bought last year.

In the process of looking for one as a PPOR that I can do up.. (not in Kurri though, alas.)

Sash - ditched IT for the SAHM lifestyle.. though renovations are calling again.. can't help myself.. bad habits. ;)

Jaqcue - yep, finished off that Cessnock one and made a tidy profit! Did a bit on one in Rocky and did OK on that one too.

Redwing - I think I have some pics of the Cessnock one when it was finished.. I'll try to find them and post them up! that was a few years ago now!

Best

Julia

OK....by SAHM (Stay at home lifestyle??)....good on you....IT pays great but a tough game these days. I take it you don't ever plan to go back to work?

What are your thoughts on Kurri Kurri? I bought one in Tenambit and it turned out to be my largest reno. Bought it for 207k and spent 25k....it is now rented for 345pw ( think??). In think the Lower Hunter should do well.

I have kept buying.....1 in 2005, 2 in 2006, 2 in 2007, 3 in 2009, 1 2010, and 3 in 2011. Nothing compared to some others on this site. Working on a H&L in Perth.

for the warm "rewelcome" folks. :D

I still have a couple in Kurri Kurri.. one I managed to keep through my great sell-off of 2005.. the other I bought last year.

In the process of looking for one as a PPOR that I can do up.. (not in Kurri though, alas.)

Sash - ditched IT for the SAHM lifestyle.. though renovations are calling again.. can't help myself.. bad habits. ;)

Jaqcue - yep, finished off that Cessnock one and made a tidy profit! Did a bit on one in Rocky and did OK on that one too.

Redwing - I think I have some pics of the Cessnock one when it was finished.. I'll try to find them and post them up! that was a few years ago now!

Best

Julia

Back