Improving mobile phone reception

I am wondering if anyone might know of a tool/antenna/booster/anything to improve the ability of my mobile phones to actually get a signal inside of the house. So that I can actually receive the call instead of a message to tell me that I had missed the call. My work phone was changed to a HTC Desire and my personal one a HTC HD. Both at the same time. Having read reviews they sounded okay but am tempted to hoy the both of them.
We do live on a rural property 25kms from nearest town centre. But at the best, I can only get a one or two bar signal and that's going to the most strategic spots in the house. And getting to those sptos generally means that the signal has dropped out anyway!

Any reasonable suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Frizzle :(

Not sure about the HTC Desire but we usually connect high gain antenna's to some of the more remote site phones (haven't looked at the HTC as its worked pretty well so far in most areas I've been, but assume there would be an option to fit one somehow) ...any further out and we go to Satelitte Phones

<edit> found this

Attachments

• HTC Kit.JPG
    HTC Kit.JPG
    14.4 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
Which mobile carrier? Have you tried SIM cards for other carriers? There is no point changing the phone if the signal is just not there.

dont you people read the adverts: coverage goes to 96% of australia!

its always mugs like us that cant get reception who are the other 4%.

im about to flick vodafone and go back to telstra

vodafone drop outs and service in country qld and in the cities of country qld are a disgrace..

remember its 96% coverage you know!!

we are the 4% left over :))

Last edited:
dont you people read the adverts: coverage goes to 96% of australia!

its always mugs like us that cant get reception who are the other 4%.

im about to flick vodaphone and go back to telstra

vodaphone drop outs and service in country qld and in the cities of country qld are a disgrace..

remember its 96% coverage you know!!

we are the 4% left over :))

96% of densely populated areas :D

Get a car kit and stick it somewhere with good reception. Up a tree, on your roof, wherever. And run the other end in through a window or something.

Just switched home and biz mobiles from Vodafone (dropouts and coverage was appalling) to Telstra. 3 days so far and an absolute world of difference!

Thanks for the feedback so far. Both phones are with Telstra Next G. Apparently, according to the consultant in the Telstra shop, several of comunication towers have been damaged by the floodwaters etc and that has been causing some problems. Today the floods, last week the wind etc The bad reception out our way has been happening for quite some time!
However, appreciate reading your comments.

Frizzle :)

Back