Interest rates...

I range up from 6.89% (fixed for 5 years - still another another 2 years to go) up to 8.89% variable with non mainstream lender (note to self - must refinance that one) with lots of varying rates in between both fixed and unfixed. Average rate 8.02% (weighted average)

Last edited:
Mine range from 6.95% up to 8.10%. A couple on variable but most are fixed.

Good thread, I was wondering what rates others were on.

Regards Jason.

Australian Lending Service and GE Finance

We refinanced an existing loan with Australian Lending Service only to find out that the new loan was sold to GE Finance who will not pass on any of the recent RBA interest rate cut and possibly no future cuts.

We are full doc customers and at no time during the refinancing period did ALS mentioned the loan was with GE.
We are well aware GE are a law unto themselves and would have gone elsewhere to refinance.

Does anybody have any thoughts as we already paid break fees with ALS to be reinanced into the wizards GE? I

Are you saying when you signed the loan documents you didnt check or read them?

Sorry but it sounds like you just went for the ride

CBA Variable - 7.78%
CBA Fixed till 2012 - 6.89%
Adelaide Bank Variabe - 8.2%
Adelaide Bank Fixed till July 2010 - 7.45% (thinking of breaking this)
Adelaide Bank Fixed till May 2009 - 6.55%
OneDirect fixed till May 2010 - 6.95%

Ours are all now at 7.76% with the NAB Choice package with a further 0.10 % discount negotiated when we got our loan.

Currently awaiting to see what the reserve bank does in November/ December to see if we will fix 1-2 of our loans considering that we are looking at purchasing agin in the next month.

Homeside Lending - Plain & Simple loan - 8.94% WTF!

Anyone know why im paying so much interest on a very basic loan package ?
Im still waiting for the rate cut..

Homeside Lending - Plain & Simple loan - 8.94% WTF!

Anyone know why im paying so much interest on a very basic loan package ?
Im still waiting for the rate cut..

Some have delayed change to 20 October or even end of month. Maybe just yet to come through?...I hope!

Back