Interesting Stuff About Shares

so for some 'openers'

a repost of a graph for the resources index against stages of a 'bubble'.
This made for interesting reflection, however i dont think we are in a 'bubble' market for resources.

anyway here are the graphs:

Attachments

• stagesofbubble.jpg
    stagesofbubble.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 125
  • resourcesector.jpg
    resourcesector.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 126
http://www.businessspectator.com.au...odyrich/0.74A!OpenElement&FieldElemFormat=gif

i dont know if this link will work. i tried to copy and save the 'picture in the link' but my computer wont let me.

Anyway this is a long term support line for the ASX going back to 1989.
Now i am not a trader, but i do find such pieces of information interesting as i am a believer in the 'gravitational support of the mean' (or regression to the mean in traditional talk) when it comes to long term investing.
Especially as it removes the 'pyschological' impact of investment returns. For those who dont believe in the Efficient Market Hypothesis, movements in returns can be characteristed by the change in market pyschology towards an asset class (ie is the asset class 'popular' or 'unpopular'.)

Right now that long term support line is where the market is at the moment. The base of the support line is after the 1987 stock market crash which is good.
Start of a bear market to current market.

so for some 'openers'

a repost of a graph for the resources index against stages of a 'bubble'.
This made for interesting reflection, however i dont think we are in a 'bubble' market for resources.

anyway here are the graphs:

how are you extrapolating your data?

it very easily reads like this, too.

Attachments

• FAIL1.jpg
    FAIL1.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 128
http://www.businessspectator.com.au...odyrich/0.74A!OpenElement&FieldElemFormat=gif

i dont know if this link will work. i tried to copy and save the 'picture in the link' but my computer wont let me.

Anyway this is a long term support line for the ASX going back to 1989.
Now i am not a trader, but i do find such pieces of information interesting as i am a believer in the 'gravitational support of the mean' (or regression to the mean in traditional talk) when it comes to long term investing.
Especially as it removes the 'pyschological' impact of investment returns. For those who dont believe in the Efficient Market Hypothesis, movements in returns can be characteristed by the change in market pyschology towards an asset class (ie is the asset class 'popular' or 'unpopular'.)

Right now that long term support line is where the market is at the moment. The base of the support line is after the 1987 stock market crash which is good.
Start of a bear market to current market.

Here you go...

0.74A!OpenElement&FieldElemFormat=gif

how are you extrapolating your data?

it very easily reads like this, too.

good point Aaron, maybe it will turn out like this.

However i dont think so. The 'mania' phase is characterised by heavy public participation.

Listening to 'your money your call' on sky business over the last couple of years, most of the questions possed to the panel concerned resource stocks, and many of them on the specy side of things.

good point Aaron, maybe it will turn out like this.

However i dont think so. The 'mania' phase is characterised by heavy public participation.

Listening to 'your money your call' on sky business over the last couple of years, most of the questions possed to the panel concerned resource stocks, and many of them on the specy side of things.

funny - because if you look at mining shares in the US, they're INSANELY good value at present because no-one is buying them.

considering that market is 100x more liquid than ours, thats food for thought.

Right now over the easter long weekend, I can see that the asx is taking a breather. There is a dip in the uptrend of the past two months. The two big miners bhp and rio particularly seem to be a buying opportunity. Other big players on asx 20 seem to have paused but not as dramatically. I suspect that there is further upside to the market later this year.

Back