Investor focus should switch to Queensland - Terry Ryder

I like Logan in Qld. So much like the druitt. The knockers of these suburbs have "chained elephant syndrome" while the believers are cashed up!

I like Logan in Qld. So much like the druitt. The knockers of these suburbs have "chained elephant syndrome" while the believers are cashed up!

Logan, Ipswich I don't think you will go wrong. It's never easy being a contrarian datto but as you suggest the rewards are there for all to see (eg 2770).

Does anyone follow John Lindeman's predictions ? How have they gone over the years?

I just noticed he has a big article in this months API

It says " in a stressed market, listings are four times as higher compared to last years sales, neutral market it's the same, while in boom or sellers mRkets there are far less listings"

In theory that sounds pretty good and accurate but I think it's misleading

Logan Central had 55 sales last year, whilst 700 listings as of today
Same with Kingston and woodridge

These three suburbs are booming as we speak

Marsden appears to be further away from the train line, however it is much lower in % of housing commission compared to Logan Central, Kingston and Woodridge.

For those know Sydney 2770 and Logan area well, would Marsden be similar to Oxley Park/Minchinbury?

Hi RetireRich101

Your comparison of Marsden is about right .. I have bought a few in the Logan area over the last 2+ years and now looking further afield at Ipswich ... think the ripple will move there in a year or so. Any views from others investing in both Logan and Ipswich ?

Hi

Traditionally, there are always good buying opportunities over the holiday period but if investors are out and about, maybe that will change. However, if your numbers stack up, does not matter whether you buy in December or Feb, right ?

Hi RetireRich101

Your comparison of Marsden is about right .. I have bought a few in the Logan area over the last 2+ years and now looking further afield at Ipswich ... think the ripple will move there in a year or so. Any views from others investing in both Logan and Ipswich ?

Cherry Pro may need to change her name to Logan Pro :)

I am and would buy in Ipswich. Logan has moved a little, but I expect Ipswich to move a lot in 2014. But I am in it for the long run. Come on 200% returns!

I am and would buy in Ipswich. Logan has moved a little, but I expect Ipswich to move a lot in 2014. But I am in it for the long run. Come on 200% returns!

Yep. I've certainly noticed Ipswich is starting to move a little Roachy so my guess is it's a sound move....

I remember having some pretty robust discussions about these types of areas (Ipswich, Logan, West Sydney) in the past on the forums and some gave them an absolute basting....

Haven't times changed......;)

I'm heading to a conference by Terry Ryder in Rocky a couple of weeks time. Anyone want me to shoot any questions? ;)
His success rate on his predictions? Not just example but exactly how many suburbs he suggested (say in last 5 years) and their median growth.

Back