Is anyone buying now?!

Are you buying or looking at buying in the next few months?

• Yes

Votes: 250 48.9%
  • No

Votes: 121 23.7%
  • Only if it's a very good deal

Votes: 140 27.4%

• Total voters
Hi All

I purchased a house on 4 unit development site in Melbourne August this year, paid $425,000. House on same street, same size block sold at auction today for $488,000.

There seems to be mixed views regarding Melb and whether it is moving, but from what I am reading certain areas have moved and continue to rise.

MTR

Well done, you managed to pick a winner again :)

Took a while to get the refinance done so was held up for a few months. Then was finding it hard to get the right deal since prices had moved a fair bit since the start of the year.

Have just exchanged on a townhouse in St Marys with numbers that I can live with (obviously would have been better a few months ago). On the lookout for another couple by the end of th year.

Still saving for it, unless my first IP magically increased in value overnight without any reno :p

But if there's fund, yes, I'll be buying.

Market heating up and people obviously buying in my area. Got guzumped on the unit in Adamstown Newcastle. And we had made full price offer too! And only on the market one day. Two other interested parties, went into a silly bidding war. Not gonna get involved in that kind of thing. I'm sticking to my unemotional, numbers stacking up, level headed investor hat.

Happy to say after too much searching, exchanged the other week on a place in Brisvagas.

See how we go this year.....

I found out today that I am negotiating to buy a property I inspected even though I am not sure I want it. I could be buying it if the owner is prepared to move on the price. Early indications are that they won't. With people at the home opens walking into the first room and walking out without inspecting the rest of the property... I wish the vendor all the best ;)

i am looking in slightly regional to low end metro in WA, VIC, NSW, QLD, and everything is just about selling very quickly, in that I cannot negotiate anything, sometimes people are paying stupid prices for properties, it is frustrating the hell out of me,

there was a property that is land value $140k ish, has sat on the market for 12 months, the agent has told me, its unsafe, the slab is lifted, the house has separated from the frame, and it should be torn down,

I lowballed at around $120k ish, when it first came on,

fast fwd 12 months, vendors have told the agent to readvertise it at $220k, and not disclose any of the issues,
apparently they rejceted an offer of $210k in the last few days,

its absolutely ludicrous

and yes I am eating sour grapes at the moment!

Hi Singo
I just purchased a development property which will settle in about 1 month and will be renting out while sorting out plans and permits.

I am also looking at buying another 4 unit development site in Melb, hoping to secure this over the next couple of months.

I have also just sold 2 properties in Perth and taken some profits as it is a wonderful time to also sell:)

I'm very bullish on Brisbane. I feel that the market was pulled down over the last few years due to A) the flood and B) the tens of thousands of public sector workers that were all retrenched almost all at once.

Now it's had several years to recover from both incidents, and with the Sydney / Melbourne surge I think it's ready for a big upward correction.

9 Reasons why Sydney?s property market is the country?s craziest

Thought I'd put the article here rather than start a new thread...
http://www.news.com.au/finance/real-estate/reasons-why-sydneys-property-market-is-the-countrys-craziest/story-fnd91nhy-1226831746865
February 20, 2014 11:34AM - news.com.au

1. There is one house (just the one) that could fetch up to $100 million.
2. Sydney?s median house price is now a whopping $654,000.
3. A house that is on the market for $60 million has been earning a cool $40,000 a week
4. Apartments in Sydney now have a median purchase price of $518,000 but million-dollar units are no surprise to us (...five Sydney suburbs where the median price for units is more than $1 million and a one-bedroom warehouse conversion loft has just fetched $1.13 million in Darlinghurst)...
5. Sydney is home to 197 suburbs where the median house price exceeds $1 million.
6. Sydney auctions...feverish...properties can regularly sell for $250,000 more than the set reserve price
7. Sydney house to income ratios are 'severely unaffordable'.
8. There is a '$30 million plus' apartment for sale with a $100,000 strata bill...

Thought I'd put the article here rather than start a new thread...
http://www.news.com.au/finance/real-estate/reasons-why-sydneys-property-market-is-the-countrys-craziest/story-fnd91nhy-1226831746865
February 20, 2014 11:34AM - news.com.au

1. There is one house (just the one) that could fetch up to $100 million.
2. Sydney?s median house price is now a whopping $654,000.
3. A house that is on the market for $60 million has been earning a cool $40,000 a week
4. Apartments in Sydney now have a median purchase price of $518,000 but million-dollar units are no surprise to us (...five Sydney suburbs where the median price for units is more than $1 million and a one-bedroom warehouse conversion loft has just fetched $1.13 million in Darlinghurst)...
5. Sydney is home to 197 suburbs where the median house price exceeds $1 million.
6. Sydney auctions...feverish...properties can regularly sell for $250,000 more than the set reserve price
7. Sydney house to income ratios are 'severely unaffordable'.
8. There is a '$30 million plus' apartment for sale with a $100,000 strata bill...

Its getting stupid. I hope theres a crash

Back