Is anyone still purchasing property? If so where?

Hi all! I was wondering if the property market is still active or taking a breather. Do you plan on purchasing soon? If so, which suburb and or city?

My next purchase will be in Spearwood, WA. beachside of Rockingham Road.

I think it will become a prime area in the next 5 years with the new Port Coogee Marina and being so close to Fremantle.

The medium price is aournd 500k, most of the properties are on large lots of land 800sqm plus. There is talk in the air that they are planning rezoning changes in the near future..

I am, and always have been a big fan of SE QLD too.

I've worked out I need to buy another IP this fin year. So will look about in Cairns....still a bit left in the market up here if one focuses on the right suburb.

Be looking to buy in Brisbane soon, as long as the bank will set up a reasonable LOC for me... My bank seems to be dragging its heels..

Prob buy within 10km of CBD.

I bought the Residex report a week back and some of the QLD suburbs listed for 10+% cap growth with a minimum 5+% yield are:

1) Sippy Downs
2) Wakerly
3) Pacific Paradise
4) Moranbah

I am buying in Moranbah.

any hints on the right suburb?:)
I've heard the suburbs beginning with M, are the ones to buy. But I don't think they get enough capital growth even in the longer term.

Chrispy might have some thoughts...she does well in Cairns!

My thoughts still hover around the northern beaches, where there is always a demand for rental units and houses.

Interesting results so far. I was expecting to see Sydney but I guess properties are still expensive in comparisson to other states. I like the suburbs mentioned in Perth and Qld although not familar with Melb market. For those who are purchasing/just purchased in Brisbane are properties selling for or above asking price still or can you negotiate?
Francesca C - Were you able to negotiate?

I'll be looking to purchase in Sydney, around the 200k mark for a standard 3 bedder. With a few thousand spent on the houses, the rents will be around the $240 p/w and although the growth is not there now, I believe that in the next 12 months this bottom end of the market will shift upwards.

Interesting results so far. I was expecting to see Sydney but I guess properties are still expensive in comparisson to other states. I like the suburbs mentioned in Perth and Qld although not familar with Melb market. For those who are purchasing/just purchased in Brisbane are properties selling for or above asking price still or can you negotiate?

Depends on area and price. Some owners get greedy put house on market too high, wonder why it becomes a lemon. Then 3mths down the track they are very negotiable if they have bought elsewhere.

I bought a house in Ipswich area last weekend. Agent told me during the week sold two houses that Sunday and one on the Monday. I put contract on house on the Sunday Arvo. Another couple who were at the open house wanted to put in offer on the Monday Morning sorry too late.:D

Redland shire i have found is negotiable, usually 10-15k under asking price. Pretty undervalued compared to the rest of brisbane imo

Hi There

Yes, you are able to negotiate in Spearwood for sure.. a friend just purchased 25k under asking price, which also worked out below the medium price in the area beach side of Rockingham Road on big block, decent house too... got it for 460k

I have been keeping a close eye on the area, and half of the properties advertise as prices being reduced. Supply and demand is pretty much equal.

This doesnt bother me at all or scare me that they will keep dropping, simply provides room for heavey negotiation and greater selection.

Think of the surrounding areas : Munster (waterways, canals, estates), Fremantle (we all love Freo), Port Coogee (new marina).. I dont think you can go wrong.

Redland shire i have found is negotiable, usually 10-15k under asking price. Pretty undervalued compared to the rest of brisbane imo

I had been looking in this area for a while particularly Cleveland/Victoria Point. In the $300/400k range. If the house is in good condition and well priced it wont last long. At one stage I was informed by a local agent that he had a house coming on the market in my range. He would have the keys on the Wednesday if I was interested. I was interested but advised due to work commitments I would not be able to view till possibly the weekend. I rang him lunchtime on thursday and it had sold. Two offers and higher than it was listed.
I live in Victoria Point. In our street there are couple of houses on the market around the 500/600k range that have been sitting there since about Sept last year. So it depends I guess.:cool:

I'm still looking around adeliade around low 200k's rents look ok and rates aren't too high, am I in wrong place?

There is no such thing is wrong. It all depends on what your strategy is.

I have a few in S.A. however, I am not a big fan, I think you can do better long term in other states.

I'm with Tin Tin; very much on the lookout for places within 10kms of Brisbane CBD.

I'm ready to buy yesterday, but haven't found anything of quality yet, although I'm sure that will change over the next couple of weeks as everyone gets back from summer holidays.

Back