is it a good time to buy in Melbourne now?

Went to an auction in Brighton 3br 2bath, 250sqm block next to the train line
5 bidders and sold for 860K. That means theres 4 pumters tgat missed out and ready to go.
No 40% fall in price there

I am focusing on Brighton now. and I am looking for some properties at 1.2-1.8 in leafy street. can I have any suggestions? thanks.

Middle, east or north?
Big differences in price. Anything beach side of Hampton st is 20%+ more and anything beach side of new st is 30%+
The closer you are to the beach the more exe.
Nth Brighton is 30% cheaper...roughly.

20 kinane st is up again. This is the 3rd time I've seen it in the last 10years. Great street/great hiuse but next to train line. Maybe 2m?
The other side of train line kinane you'll need 3m+ with the odd 10m property round about.
You just need to view a minimum few dozen houses and walk the streets and get a feel for where you'd like to live. Do you own research and narrow you search to a tiny area. Only then will you know when a house is "fair value"

Middle, east or north?
Big differences in price. Anything beach side of Hampton st is 20%+ more and anything beach side of new st is 30%+
The closer you are to the beach the more exe.
Nth Brighton is 30% cheaper...roughly.

20 kinane st is up again. This is the 3rd time I've seen it in the last 10years. Great street/great hiuse but next to train line. Maybe 2m?
The other side of train line kinane you'll need 3m+ with the odd 10m property round about.
You just need to view a minimum few dozen houses and walk the streets and get a feel for where you'd like to live. Do you own research and narrow you search to a tiny area. Only then will you know when a house is "fair value"
Thanks Pieman, can I know how to define Middle, East and North Brighton? thanks a lot.

Back