Is Meadowbank a good area for Investment?

I am looking to buy a new apartment in Meadowbank. Is this a good area for a one bedroom apartment for investment?

Thanks,
Pokka

I am looking to buy a new apartment in Meadowbank. Is this a good area for a one bedroom apartment for investment?

Thanks,
Pokka

Hi Pokka

I own a 2 br unit in Meadowbank....my first property I bought.

One bedrooms rent okay....but 2 brms are better for the demographic of the area. Having said that the area is going strength to strength. Once they build the new shopping centre in Top Ryde, the older units in West Ryde, Top Ryde, and Meadowbank should go up well.

Sash:D

Hiya

Used to call Putney home, so Mudbank was a shirt Kayak paddle away :)

Nice area thats got lots of parks to the water, river cat and train station.

The new bit may be an issue though vs established stock

Quanta Costa please ?

ta
rolf

Meadowbank average cap growth

My Mum bought a 2 bdrm unit in Meadowbank in '97 for $165000. It was valued at $320000 last year, so it doubled in 10 years. It's a reasonably priced area for it's fairly close proximity to the cbd and the rental yields are about what you'd currently expect.
A lot of new units have recently been built there so the median price has been skewed recently. 21% is the "official" reported rise in the median over the last year but the reality is more like 8-9%.

Yes.......... Meadowbank is potentially very good. I already invested in one property there, though I think Parramatta is better. I like to spread my investment around.
You should get the advice from the Aldy Group, they are very professional. Message me if you want their contact.

Yes.......... Meadowbank is potentially very good. I already invested in one property there, though I think Parramatta is better. I like to spread my investment around.
You should get the advice from the Aldy Group, they are very professional. Message me if you want their contact.

Jumping catfish batman! It is the old product placement trick! :confused:

Zizou....do you work for the Aldy Group? ;)

Hi Ziz

10 posts in one day..........all on Parramatta.....and the aldy group,

Either u are in Loooooooooove or u need banning........

ta
rolf

what?
I just got introduced this site from a friend and i wanted to share my experience. Why are you guys acting like I'm trying to sell you something.........thats dissapoiting!!

Ok now Im gettin curious too. As far as I know Im the only one from Aldy here. And I dont know anyone in my office who's invested in Marrickville.

zizou I apprectiate your comments about Aldy but I would like to request if you would not talk about Aldy anymore. I've red all your posts and your generating alot of negative feedback about my company.

Hmmmm....makes me wonder if you're a competitor trying reverse psychology.

We'd just prefer you answer the question, zizou. Do you work for the Aldy Group or do you get any benefit from referring people to them?
Alex

Ok now Im gettin curious too. As far as I know Im the only one from Aldy here. And I dont know anyone in my office who's invested in Marrickville.

zizou I apprectiate your comments about Aldy but I would like to request if you would not talk about Aldy anymore. I've red all your posts and your generating alot of negative feedback about my company.

Hmmmm....makes me wonder if you're a competitor trying reverse psychology.

In the interest of fair play....there is a section on this site for commercial sales. This particular section is to discuss property and things which affect it.

Haivng said that...one of the things I value about this site is the independent opinions.....and sometimes hilarious characters on here....lol! :D

Hillarious for you. Im pretty pissed off actually.

Alex I've asked around the office and no one knows anything about somersoft. As far as I know we are not doing any paid referrals at the moment either. I've reported him and his posts to the admin so that should be taken care of.

I'm sorry on his/her behalf for all those posts. I must say I'm not happy with it either.

And sorry to Pokka for all the flooding we've done cz of zizzous posts.

I'm moving into the new units on the water at meadowbank (renting)

I am pretty impressed with the development that has gone on. I believe the strata fees are quite unimpressive in the newer stock, but there seems to be a world of difference between the older side of meadowbank and the newer. The park and newer units have beautiful views of the water, it's a little unknown area and I think people will start to catch on. You might see alot of interest in the older units at the park, but there's a bit of stigma to the area.

Back