Is Melbourne At Its Peak?

As the "standard" 85% clearance rate goes on, I feel increasingly unsecure about this trend. Every big ride ends somewhere. Is it far from melbourne?

Find out why the demand for Melbourne property is so strong and then you will get an idea as to what the future may hold. It is all about educating yourself:)
Simon

As the "standard" 85% clearance rate goes on, I feel increasingly unsecure about this trend. Every big ride ends somewhere. Is it far from melbourne?

There are areas within melbourne that have been on fire for the last 18 months, other areas that started moving 6 months ago, some have not moved at all and should with the ripple effect, other have gone backwards, albiet slightly.

It is a multi tiered market currently and hence hard to point to an overall generalised trend.

I would think that inner areas has achieved most of its growth in this bull run and things are looking good for most middle ring and some outer suburbs.

August's Herron Todd White report had Melbourne at its "peak of cycle" for residential houses however September's report points to "rising market", so even experts are finding it hard to put a finger on what melbourne is currently doing.

For me, I am focussing on areas that have really started chugging along and quietly confident in catching the ride upwards for months to come.

Harris

I would think that inner areas has achieved most of its growth in this bull run and things are looking good for most middle ring and some outer suburbs.

For me, I am focussing on areas that have really started chugging along and quietly confident in catching the ride upwards for months to come.

Harris

Thanks a lot Harris.

Just a very basic question: How do you define inner, middle ring and outer suburbs?

inner - up to 10 kms

middle 11-25 kms

outer > 25 kms

It varies greatly.. with some suburbs being classified as outer even when they are within 20 kms distance.

Harris

hello,

i know around stkilda, stkilda east, prahran etc their are a lot more boards up for both sale and rent, especially rent when you here of the "crisis"

maybe flatter growth over the next couple of months

thankyou

myla

Back