IT Help Needed: Need to Transfer Contacts from Outlook to Android Phone

I am pretty desperate for a seamless way to transfer my Outlook contacts from my Win 7 PC to my Samsung Android Phone.

Any ideas?

Each time I try to export or save my contacts my PC says "The Office Assistant requires Microsoft Access 2.0 or later." Not sure where to go from here. The PC was given to me and I do not have any software discs. Is there any easy way to do this? Preferably something so easy that even a Grand Dad could do it? Right now, I don't even have a backup and would be in serious strife if my PC died.

Thanks you in advance. All informed input is greatly appreciated.

What type of email account is it? Exchange? POP? IMAP?

Answer to that will determine how (and IF) you can do the contacts.

What type of email account is it? Exchange? POP? IMAP? Answer to that will determine how (and IF) you can do the contacts.

Thanks for replying.

When I got a new Win 7 PC 3 years ago, I synched my really ancient non-android Smartphone to it and transferred all my contacts to my new PC. I have never used my Outlook for email. I just use it to retrieve really important phone numbers that are stored in Contacts.

Is there any way to save or transfer my massive contact list to my new Android phone? Thanks in advance.

Thanks Geoff, you are a scholar and a gent.

Yes, that's indeed the message.

But what do I do from here? How can I save my contacts to my Android phone as well as make a backup along the way?

Again, thanks for replying.

Is there any way to save or transfer my massive contact list to my new Android phone? Thanks in advance.

1) export all your contacts as a csv file from outlook to your desktop.
2) log into your Gmail acc that you use for your android phone.
3) click on your contacts in Gmail and select import contacts.
4) browse to the desktop and select the csv file.
5) your contacts will now appear on your android once you synch it.

Back