It's on again!

Just saw Simon Crean call for a leadership spill saying he's backing Kevin Rudd.

It's all rather sad to watch a political party and government disappear up it's own behind in this manner. Sad for the government and sad for the country.

Let's see if the cross bench finally act as they promised - the upside is that we could be having an election much sooner than September!

Just saw Simon Crean call for a leadership spill saying he's backing Kevin Rudd.

It's all rather sad to watch a political party and government disappear up it's own behind in this manner. Sad for the government and sad for the country.

Let's see if the cross bench finally act as they promised - the upside is that we could be having an election much sooner than September!

They are losing any and all credibility with this carrying on. Surely they should just leave things be until after the election.
School yard tactics.

They're disappearing up their backside because they're so grossly incompetent - all of them!

No great loss to the Australian people if you ask me.

The sooner this slow train wreck is over the better.

I find the process hilarious. The smell of fear and defeat becomes stronger by the day and desperation grows.

I am hopeful that after their likely defeat at the next election the Labor party look to return to their grass roots of looking after worker's interests. I would like to see the party divorce itself from the Union influence (would also love the Libs to get out of the pocket of big business) and re invent itself.

I realize that my wishes are entirely optimistic and naive but there you go.

Leadership spill at 4.30pm

Question time in 10 minutes!.....Its going to be ugly.....so pull up your seats.....

DDMBW.gif

Interesting to see the result.

And there I was thinking that the LNP parachuting a star recruit into a winnable seat (using ALP tactics, basically) was going to be the main story today.

Juliar in parliament going over all the good things she's done.

Tony Abbott with his back turned talking to Hockey. :D

I think she's trying to convince the wrong people.

Wow, the indies just crossed the floor on the no confidence vote!

73 to 71 for the motion!

Not enough for the absolute majority but she's gawwwwwnnnnnn.

73 to 71 for the motion!

That's the biggest takeaway here, especially if Rudd gets up. Are the odds shortening for an earlier election ?

73 to 71 for the motion!

Yep. No arguments there.

It's going to be bloody interesting to see the results of all this, particularly on the polls.

73 to 71 for the motion!

No they didn't. 73 is the number of Coalition MPs (72) plus Mr Katter who always vote with them. It's just that they were all there (with nothing better to do of course, not being in govt yet) whereas some on the Labor side weren't there. Bob Carr is in the USA for example, being the Foreign Minister... a case of poor timing!

The Coalition still need the absolute majority. Tony Windsor has said his agreement is with Julia Gillard and threatened this week to bring on an early election if they change leader. But his vote alone is not enough... Oakeshott has said before he will try to reach an agreement first with any new Labor leader. Thompson and Bandt are never going to move. So we are still a little way away... but Wilkie might move too... payback for the gambling issue perhaps?

No they didn't. 73 is the number of Coalition MPs (72) plus Mr Katter who always vote with them. It's just that they were all there (with nothing better to do of course, not being in govt yet) whereas some on the Labor side weren't there. Bob Carr is in the USA for example, being the Foreign Minister... a case of poor timing!

The Coalition still need the absolute majority. Tony Windsor has said his agreement is with Julia Gillard and threatened this week to bring on an early election if they change leader. But his vote alone is not enough... Oakeshott has said before he will try to reach an agreement first with any new Labor leader. Thompson and Bandt are never going to move. So we are still a little way away... but Wilkie might move too... payback for the gambling issue perhaps?

He's a senator, not a MHR. Also, he's never been voted into the Senate. Just a replacement. Even more of a joke, how someone can get into the senate without the public voting for him. :confused:

He's a senator, not a MHR. Also, he's never been voted into the Senate. Just a replacement. Even more of a joke, how someone can get into the senate without the public voting for him. :confused:

Because that's the rules of the senate. If a senator resigns or dies, his or her party can pick a replacement. The rules are different for the 'unrepresenative swill'.

Back