Just found out I'm having twins...

Wow what a shock! I'm a twin myself so should have really thought this could be possible but actually hearing it from the radiologist that there are two heartbeats on the ultrasound has completely shocked me (and my hubby) I'm an identical twin and thought I had the same odds as anyone else at having twins. Anyone else a twin and went onto have twins or know anyone that has?

I'm feeling very lucky right now and totally scared all at the same time :D

Ems

I'm an identical twin and thought I had the same odds as anyone else at having twins.
That's true; it's just coincidence. Women who have fraternal twins in their family are more likely to be double ovulators than the average woman. The father's family history is irrelevant; he can't cause his wife to double ovulate if that's not in her genes. (Well, not by any yet-known mechanism, anyway!)

Identical twins are spontaneous and don't run in families.

Congratulations! I'm a Mum of nearly-14yo fraternal twin boys (my only children). You're in for a wild ride!

If these are your first children, be grateful. My observation from Multiple Births Association was that people who have singles and then multiples find it much, much harder than if they have twins first.

(My theory: parents of later multiples spend too much time feeling ripped off that it's so much harder than a single. But first-time parents - of a single or more - expect it to be hard but don't really know what it's going to be like, and just adapt to whatever circumstances they find themselves in.)

Congratulations!

A friend of mine had twins- a boy and a girl.

He still had people ask him if they were identical.

you poor girl ;)

Ooops - congrats. :D

Get ready for heavy morning sickness with twice as much hcg as normal.

Time to start living on one income.

As Perp notes - it runs down the female bloodline, the +1 has nothing to do with it, it's not his fault

Super strange, My younger brothers are twins (different dad) but thier dad went onto have a set of twins with another woman?? :confused: :eek:

My wifes sister in law had twins out of nowhere.

Me and my wife had twins March last year, born 5 weeks early.

It obviously depends on the nature of the kids but the only advise i can give is remove as much other stres from your life as possible. looking back at having one baby(4y/o now) feels like a walk in the park compared to 2.

All the best with the new bosses coming into your life.

The father's family history is irrelevant; he can't cause his wife to double ovulate if that's not in her genes. (Well, not by any yet-known mechanism, anyway!)

Its definitely not from increased frequency. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Shameless stroll down memory lane...

2300c1ad-bd06-4ca4-9604-740251dcc821_zps9f0a6159.jpg

Back