Just found out I'm having twins...

Wow, good for you.

Finding out that one baby is hard work. Two babies will be a lot more difficult. If you are lucky, they will wake up the same time at night :p

Great news and enjoy!!! As someone mentioned above, they dont stay young for long time...
I always hoped for twins... :)

Congratulations!!!

My best friends are identical twins :)

A friend of mine also has (currently) 3 kids, first born is a singleton and the next two are twins, she's recently found out she's pregnant with another set of twins! She'll have 5 under 4 :eek:

Perp, the boys are just the sweetest!

Congratulations and enjoy ... just go with the flow and don't forget to take a little time out for yourself every day ... and isn't it wonderful to know that the kids will grow up with the closet friend anyone can imagine.

I got a mate with two sets. Pair of boys and a pair of girls two years younger.

They have all four in a bedroom with girls bunks in one side and boys in the other.

I remember being impressed as my girls wouldn't share with each other at that age ...

Looks like a load of fun being in that family :)

Congratulations. As mentioned. It's all to do with the women's blood line. The wife's aunties are frat twins, she is an identical twin (pure chance) and we are 'blessed' with frat twins. It's amazing how little sleep humans need to function!

If they are identical then the odds of that are huge. If frat twins then check your family line for frat twins! The wife got the genes from her dad's line ( twin aunties are his sisters). So my twin girls could have twins!

Plan, prepare and enjoy. I wouldn't want a singleton now. Too easy ;)

Thanks all for your well wishes and condolences ;)

It's all still sinking in here and it's still pretty early days so I'm off for another scan in 3 weeks to see how the two littles ones are progressing. It's my first pregnancy so I have no idea what to expect except I know I'm going to get FAT!!! ;)

My twin and I have always been told we are identical but I'm now wondering if we are in fact fraternal. I'm remembering all the stories my mum has told us from her pregnancy/birth and early days of raising us and becoming even more excited/petrified...

My twin is my best friend and I can't wait for my two to share that same bond :D

Here's a pic of us as babies! Hard to believe were not identical (if that's the case) :p

Attachments

• twins.jpg
    twins.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 98
Thanks all for your well wishes and condolences ;)

It's all still sinking in here and it's still pretty early days so I'm off for another scan in 3 weeks to see how the two littles ones are progressing. It's my first pregnancy so I have no idea what to expect except I know I'm going to get FAT!!! ;)

My twin and I have always been told we are identical but I'm now wondering if we are in fact fraternal. I'm remembering all the stories my mum has told us from her pregnancy/birth and early days of raising us and becoming even more excited/petrified...

My twin is my best friend and I can't wait for my two to share that same bond :D

You won't have room to get fat ems!! Just super round and full of babies :)

As you get older the higher the likelihood that you'll release 2 eggs. Not that you're old but I think from 30 or 35 it increases significantly.

Fraternal is easiest medically as they have separate placentas and sacs. Identical can be more complicated if they share a placenta.

Take it easy and I hope you don't drive yourself nuts in the next 3 weeks :)

Congrats.

My first pregnancy was a twin pregnancy, I lost one at 10 weeks didnt even know until I miscarriaged that one. I would never have coped with two. No family history of twins.

Girlfriend had twins, she relates how difficult it was, but sure she was chosen. She was super organised. She said The multiple birth association were invaluable to her.

Congratulations!

Hopefully they don't share a single placenta.

All the best for the weeks ahead and up your folic acid and iron :)

I'm feeling very lucky right now and totally scared all at the same time :D

I'm not sure why you'd be feeling lucky to have twins? Is it better for some reason? I guess economies of scale work if you were planning to have two anyway. My mate had 4 at once and was in the news etc but he was devastated because of the extra money to raise them.

The first few years are hard compared to singletons. But once they reach 3 or 4 they always have someone to play with and that's when it's an advantage at home!

Congratulations Ems. I hope your pregnancy goes well and the twins arrive safe and well.
My identical twin boys are 19 now. I used to have to tell them apart by individual characteristics rather than looks. I probably can't tell you much you don't already know seeing as you are a twin yourself. While they were in the womb a side effect for my wife was terribly itchy skin and nothing at all would provide relief. For this reason their pet names before birth were Itchy & Scratchy.
Twins are heaps of fun. I have enjoyed every day of them (almost). I'm sure you will too.

I once went out with a siamese twin but she dumped me because she reckons I was seeing her sister behind her back lol.

I'll add my congratulations to the others :).

Things are "gonna get busy" but having two lovely babies is twice the fun.

Congratulations!!!

My best friends are identical twins :)

A friend of mine also has (currently) 3 kids, first born is a singleton and the next two are twins, she's recently found out she's pregnant with another set of twins! She'll have 5 under 4 :eek:

Perp, the boys are just the sweetest!

That is amazing Lil- I wonder what the odds are of having two lots?!

Back