Keen rubbished by RBA!

Three blind mice in the reserve bank see nutin

Considering that the reserve bank was still raising interest rates in July-August 2008 when blind Freddy could see what was coming....

This peanut at the reserve doesn't think giving first home owners who now only need to show the ability to save 3% of the total value of the property to qualify will be a problem:confused:

... because of the soft depression?

Even in good times let alone now to go out and purchase a home when you have no reserve to avoid getting into financial stress is just plain dumb. We have all over extend ourselves at some stage and you know as a sophisticated investor that Fitzpattricks law says that Murphy was an optomist:eek:

Even in good times let alone now to go out and purchase a home when you have no reserve to avoid getting into financial stress is just plain dumb. We have all over extend ourselves at some stage and you know as a sophisticated investor that Fitzpattricks law says that Murphy was an optomist:eek:

Kevin Young said that properties double every 7 years, so they just need to tough it out. It's a sure thing.

Kevin Young said that properties double every 7 years, so they just need to tough it out. It's a sure thing.

A lot of people come to grief because they deposit their brain at reception when they go and seek advice from "the chosen one". To be fair to the sprukers a large percentage of the individuals that come to them are just plain greedy, they are lazy and they have no investment plan they just "wanna get rich".

"Toughing it out" (when you have two little children and a wife at home with another in the oven and your three months behind in your repayments because you didn't count on having to spend a couple of thousand on one of the kids teeth) is not an option.

"Toughing it out" (when you have two little children and a wife at home with another in the oven and your three months behind in your repayments because you didn't count on having to spend a couple of thousand on one of the kids teeth) is not an option.

What about a kidney transplant a new motor for the car and a new false leg while were at it:rolleyes:

Did you ever consider that toughing it out for some is not going to the Sheraton for Sunday lunch and going to the Yum Cha instead?

Dave

Just media beat ups.
Glen Stevens and his RBA chronies are in the same category as Greenspann & Bernanke: incompetent & stupid, or deceiptful & dishonest.
They are failed many times over as economists as the history books show.
Why all this fuss about their every word I have no clue.

Nonrecourse's ignore list doubles every 7 days. I putting all my money into that.
I'd like to invest in this scheme of yours;) maybe you could make it more interesting if you created some derivative instruments around it and we could trade those and margin it up :p

Gawd, MSN is like a dopey overweight salivating schoolboy in shorts, egging others on to fight, while he cowers behind a girl's skirt licking an ice cream...

Lucky the journo's got a name that masks that. :D

To my knowledge, no major Australian media outlet quoted Keen's blog re the FHOG.

However, the AFR last weekend raised the same concerns as Keen, both quoting extensively from the same independent Fujitsu survey.

So from that, we get MSN not saying the AFR is talking rubbsh, but Keen is.

hahahahahaha

BC, honestly, I don't think I have read articles on MSN more than three times, so I feel a little unqualified to generalize about them....

Anyway, moving on, I had a bit of a look before and found Keen's article had been covered unemotionally by the Sydney Telegraph. Maybe MSN likes to stick it up the Tele. I am out of touch with Sydney print media these days. Gawd, i don't even read the Courier-Mail.

There's another point I'd like to raise regarding the hysteria regarding Keen.

Economist Gerard Minack is just as much a bear and has come out regularly as bearish as Keen re property. He has also said coastal property could go down 50%.

Now Minack is no fool. He was one of the first Aussies to recognise the gravity of sub prime's potential effects on Australia.

But I don't think 95% of emotive Keen haters would know who Minack is.

I'd like to invest in this scheme of yours;) maybe you could make it more interesting if you created some derivative instruments around it and we could trade those and margin it up :p

Soon nonrecourse will be forced to join other forums in order to find new people to ignore to keep his ponzi scheme alive. If we can get into those other forums and buy up all the members before he gets to them, then I can see potential for considerable profit.

Last edited:
Back