Kitchen Facelift WA

Hi

Ok, I'm thinking of updating a kitchen in one of my properties.

The layout of the kitchen is fine it just looks dated, so what I wanted to do was replace the doors, bench top, sink and cooker without completely ripping out the existing kitchen.

Does anyone know of anyone in Perth that will do this?

I've phoned a few kitchen places and they all want to rip my old kitchen out and and don't really want that.

Any recommendations????

Granite Transformations has always interested me - they place a veneer of granite over your existing bench top and it looks great. I dare say they would replace your doors for you too, if not just get a cabinet maker to do it. I know a decent and honest one if you need a recommendaton.

Want to do it for less the $200?

Have just finsihed using White Knight paints. Made a world of difference!

Measure your existing doors and tops and get them cut to size and replace yourself. Speak to the guys where you order from and they'll help you out. All doors are 2 long and 2 short edges. Note any lam ends, rolled edges and house mitres on sketch of tops. Allow an extra 5mm length for tops if they are under tiles. Use new sink as template for cutout and allow 10mm. Same for cooktops.
I do these a lot and charge on average $2k - $2.5k a kitchen. Don't use that WK paint if you want a quality job.

nomadic,

Every door and the bench-top for 2k? Thats not bad at all - do you do this for a living?

I have a typical early 90's cheap rental kitchen in my PPOR villa. Its too new to justify a complete redesign but the cupboards and bench top are pretty crappy. Updating it for 2k sounds very reasonable...

-Steve

Steve, yes i do this type of work amongst other "handyman" stuff.
My next job is to replace a benchtop only (no doors) about 4.6m long which i quoted $2,140. This also includes replacing the sink (client supplies sink and i reconnect water and waste using the existing mixer), replace cooktop (client supplies) and retile kicks (client supplies tiles). Materials will cost $680 for tops, $5 for a new trap and about $20 for tile adhesive and grout. Job should take about 6-7 hrs to do so you can save $ doing it yourself.

If your 90's rental kitchen has good carcasses (cabinets) you should be able to replace just the tops and doors for a huge saving compared to replacing the entire kitchen.

Can buy thin benchtop (10mm) that fits over existing benchtop and bull nose covers front of the existing benchtop. Usually have to use existing sink. But dont disturb any tiles, just reseal back of benchtop.

Stirling

Back