Kitchen Reno

I am planning to renovate a kitchen to add value to an inner west home. have checked out IKEA and it would cost about $10,000. any other good value suggestions.

Hi Stella,

I think you need to really start by looking at the current value of the property as to what you should spend all up (and whether in fact spending such an amount on the kitchen is feasible). I usually suggest to my clients to spend 5-7% on their entire property. It does depend on what the property looks like though - you may need to spend more or you could spend less. The reason I say this is that to renovate a kitchen in one partuicular property will add value to it - and renovating a kitchen in another property might be over-capitalising. My advice for adding value to a property is usually to distribute your budget around the property. Rather than spending all your money on (say) the kitchen, spend a bit on the kitchen, a bit on the exterior and bit on the bathroom and then paint walls and replace flooring (if needed) to the property in general.
Many of my clients spend only $20k-$30k on renovating their entire property - so maybe consider this as an alternative to spending all your $$ on the kitchen.

Hope that helps!

Stella

Hi Ana,
Thanks for your kind wishes. I live in the inner west in Sydney. I seee you run seminars on renovating in Melbourne so you must be well informed on this matter,

Cheers,
stella

Stella

2 places I would look at prior is Ebay and I forgot the name of it but the Auction house down in Moorabin. Been down there a few times and you would be surprised how cheap white goods are.
Jezza

Back