Kiva - helping others via micro-credit

Thanks for the reminder! Woo hoo!

131124Kivateamstats_zps95e8b2a8.jpg

Heading for $100K!

As of today:

We have 74 members - hurrah!

We have made 3,627 loans totalling US$93,750

Give yourselves a heart round of applause!

Thanks for bumping this. I meant to sign up when I first saw it and never got around to it.

If you haven't noticed, if you look on the left hand side of the lend page.go to advanced settings, and you can limit to lenders with higher ratings, lower defaults etc. only seems to be on the desktop site though.

My main concern is what if the borrower defaults. Not for me, but for them. They say they only choose ethical lenders (so no broken thumbs I hope), but even so. Living in poverty, in a third world country with a huge debt. I don't want to put someone further behind when I try to help them.

I selected those who were borrowing to further a business and generally a better risk. Definitely stayed away from those borrowing for a wedding or other bad debt. How do the other here pick?

signed up too, and lent.

If only we could set something up like this for some off our seasoned developers at less then commercial terms - for a profit to the funders of course

We've cracked the US$100K mark. Truly, you guys are awesome! :D

As of today:

78 members
3,892 loans
Total money loaned: US$100,175

Our stats also show that we've made 49.9 loans per member, which is huge; the overall Kiva average is only 10.17.

I can't help seeing that 50 loans per member as a challenge, though... ;)

Perp can I put you as 'referred by' ? If so PM me your email

Too late, joined SS team without it :)

Last edited:
Perp can I put you as 'referred by' ? If so PM me your email
Why thank you! You can use my Kiva username, which is "microlenders". If you sign up via the free trial link in my signature (middle line), that would also work. :)

We've cracked the US$100K mark. Truly, you guys are awesome! :D

As of today:

78 members
3,892 loans
Total money loaned: US$100,175

Our stats also show that we've made 49.9 loans per member, which is huge; the overall Kiva average is only 10.17.

I can't help seeing that 50 loans per member as a challenge, though... ;)

I just signed up to the team and kicked things off with 4 loans - all to farmers to help them grow crops.

Seems like a good cause.

Blacky

I just signed up to the team and kicked things off with 4 loans - all to farmers to help them grow crops.

Seems like a good cause.

Blacky

I did 4 more the other week too. Farming and businesses around the world.

One of my original ones did default but it was only the last $5 that wasn't repaid and I always recirculate the money into more loans.

Back