Landlords morally obliged to pass on rate cut

Millionare Landlords

Come on you bunch of tight ar-- s property investors and Landlords. How about giving these poor renters a break.

You have it easy. Everyone knows you have been handed all the deposits, then just picked up a loan from the banks Interest free. You have all the rates, land taxes, repairs , maintenance, insurance taxes and commission covered by the Estate Agents and government:D

Pocket huge rents each week, drive brand new cars, live in mansions, travel the world. And have made millions out of the boom we had .
Yes all at the expense of a growing number of tenants that are being held to ransom. Mainly because you bunch of rich landlords will not build any more places for poor tenants to rent.

Shame on the lot of you:D

You should all get out of your gold plated homes and offices and see how the real tenants have to live:eek:

Gee Cee

Capitalist Pig

You should all get out of your gold plated homes and offices and see how the real tenants have to live:eek:

Gee Cee

Capitalist Pig

Good show GC, I really think...... *cough*.... *splutter*......

Oh, sorry about that! This bottle of '86 Chateau Lafite I just opened is absolute pi$$!

I always think there is this perception of a landlord being a retirement age man of another culture who owns the properties outright and is basically a b*st*rd.

I don't think most people think of a landlord as an average Australian struggling with the bills just like them. (as many are)

Went to visit IP1 whilst in Brisbane to look at doing some minor reno's. Water tank rebate brochure was in mailbox - tennant handed it to my Father in Law believing he and MIL were the LL's. Good chuckle in the car over it.

As to rents - ours are only going up as per the markets.

"Let them eat cake"

"It will also help pay for other essentials such as medical, clothing, transport, education and life's necessities."

Like beer and cigarettes:rolleyes:

It's the law in some places (like Switzerland). Tenant has to ask for it though... hmm maybe I will, rates dropped today for the first time in 5 years from 3% to 2.5%

Different market, were capitalists here... not being harsh but not being in control sounds communist. :confused:

A statement by the Tenants UNION

no different to a workers union ... when times are good they want a share of the profit for no risk, when times are bad they won't wear pay cuts.....

what planet do journalists live on

I had to endure an interest rate increase of $56 a week in 1996, I remember not being able to increase the rent by $56 a week for many years.
When I have to pay out up to $2000 a year in repairs and various expenses plus GST I can't pass these costs on to the residential tenant either.
When I can get a higher return from a fixed term bank account or the share market rather than from property without having to pay higher Capital gains tax , Land tax or Stamp duty I wonder if it is worth while investing in property.

Our rate notices arrived today. The water charges have risen quite substantially, so there's at least part of the interest rate savings gone straight away.

since my tenants rent only covers about 1/2 the holding costs, why would I reduce the rent because interest rates dropped?

When my interest costs are lower than rent collected, then I'll consider reducing rent.

It's alright for an interest group like the Tenants Union to be blinkered and push parochial interests, seeking 'me', 'me', 'me' when interest rates are falling. It is also understandable for them to be silent when interest rates were rising and yet all they could continue to cry is that rents are rising with slogans like 'rental crisis' when a 'mortgage crisis' is more appropriate. Many people with mortgage in Western Sydney were doing tough and many lost their homes while renters did not endure as much financial trauma. Pardon me if I do not give up my time reading such predictable biased articles. :rolleyes:

Back