Leaking gutters on tank water

Hi

My friend rents on a rural property that is on tank water, they are a family of five.

The guttering is in very poor condition and would transfer about 25% of the rainfall to the water tank so they have to pay to get water deliverd each month ($120)

They have informed the PM about the poor gutters and the LL does not want to have them repaired.

Is there any advice i can pass onto my friend that may help him get the guttering fixed and save him the buying water each month?

All he can do is make a request in writing.

If it is ignored or refused then take it further with DFT as a maintenance issue.

Fair's fair, the LL should be fixing the gutters as there is no reason as to why not.

As this is affecting the water supply, you could classify this as emergency work and advise the agency that you will proceed with the works asap as it is an essential service.

As this is affecting the water supply, you could classify this as emergency work and advise the agency that you will proceed with the works asap as it is an essential service.

Up to $1000 can be spent by the tenant on urgent repairs.

Check here first though.

Otherwise, if you have tried unsuccessfully to get the LL to make repairs, and you cant afford to have them completed, then apply to the tribunal for an order to force the LL to make these urgent repairs.

That ought to get them motivated.

Hi

My friend rents on a rural property that is on tank water, they are a family of five.

The guttering is in very poor condition and would transfer about 25% of the rainfall to the water tank so they have to pay to get water deliverd each month ($120)

They have informed the PM about the poor gutters and the LL does not want to have them repaired.

Is there any advice i can pass onto my friend that may help him get the guttering fixed and save him the buying water each month?

The other alternative is to send the PM a photo of the water leaking from the gutters when it rains and include a copy of the latest bill for water. If no rain find a really bad section and run the hose for a couple of minutes and take the photo.

Suggest to the PM that they can either fix the gutters or pay for water each month as per the link already supplied. Might be worth copying parts of that website and including them in the email. Achieves 2 things, shows the PM that they are aware of their entitlement to reliable water and they also know who to complain to if no action taken.

Back