Liberal Federal Govt

push the cash into the bush
not with interent but low cost funding
fund some of the things that will open up the bush
fund projects that will bring business into the bush

...basically, this been happening in the regional areas (vic-at least, cannot speak for other states) a long time..and has/is generally speaking an effective investment within regional areas, along with other stuff. It is, and has been happening, perception(s) about regional areas from those not familiar with it, or not on the ground there is always interesting. Many regional areas don't sit on their **** and fiddle. They are quite pre emptive, pro active and innovative.

For you vanilla, boring conservative types. I reckon Penny Wong would make a great PM imo. Asian , lesbian, christian and labor......what more could you want? talk about freaking you guys out. Very scary proposition.....hahaha

Heres a great article from one of my favorite journos. ultra conservative, lying, right wing, bible thumping Tony Abbott supporters should read closely:

http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/polit...im-was-never-going-to-fly-20100820-138vo.html

Love this description of that fool Joyce. Actually i agree with Carlton, the front bench would be a circus of liberal fools.

Senator Barnaby Joyce. Babbling hayseed bean counter from redneck Queensland, liable to confuse millions, billions and trillions. Spooked by fear of Chinese. Riverview old boy, like Abbott himself: "I talk to Tony all the time. And we have a very constructive relationship, and a very open relationship. Sounds like it. And not a sexual relationship." – ABC Radio National Breakfast, February 2009.

Considering the population ratio of cities compared to the bush, why arent labor much more dominant?

Must be a hell of a lot of labor supporters in the bush. Funny that, if labor dont do a thing for there. :confused:

Labor has never done anything for the bush. Labor and the greens are city based political parties.

See ya's.

Will be interesting to see how the negotiations go. It may well be that a Coalition minority government would have to back the NBN.

http://www.smh.com.au/technology/technology-news/poll-puts-nbn-telstra-on-hold-20100823-13cdk.html

Rob Oakeshott, member for Lyne, has called the national broadband network an ''important step towards social equality'' for his electorate.

Tony Windsor, member for New England, criticised the Coalition's policy, saying competition had failed to deliver telecommunications to regional areas.

''[The NBN] is probably the most important piece of infrastructure; it is the one thing that can negate the disadvantages of living in the country,'' he said.

Bob Katter, member for Kennedy, expressed disappointment with the present industry structure, saying a ''privatised Telstra has been absolutely disastrous for rural Australia''.

All three independents will be among the first to have NBN services rolled out in their electorates.

For you vanilla, boring conservative types. I reckon Penny Wong would make a great PM imo. Asian , lesbian, christian and labor......what more could you want? talk about freaking you guys out. Very scary proposition.....hahaha

Heres a great article from one of my favorite journos. ultra conservative, lying, right wing, bible thumping Tony Abbott supporters should read closely:

http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/polit...im-was-never-going-to-fly-20100820-138vo.html

Love this description of that fool Joyce. Actually i agree with Carlton, the front bench would be a circus of liberal fools.

Senator Barnaby Joyce. Babbling hayseed bean counter from redneck Queensland, liable to confuse millions, billions and trillions. Spooked by fear of Chinese. Riverview old boy, like Abbott himself: "I talk to Tony all the time. And we have a very constructive relationship, and a very open relationship. Sounds like it. And not a sexual relationship." – ABC Radio National Breakfast, February 2009.

Met him Sat night, :confused::eek:
--------------------------------------------------

Love it, :)

I reckon Penny Wong would make a great PM imo. Asian , lesbian, christian and labor......what more could you want? talk about freaking you guys out. Very scary proposition.....hahaha

:):D Evan

Go Penny!!!!!!!

Even under a Coalition minority government we may still have a Mining tax too!

Looks like the ALP have now secured 73 seats. Both the Greens member in Melbourne and independent MP Tony Windsor support the tax, along with the Greens in the Senate, so it could be passed next year when the new senate is sworn in.

LOL strange days!

For you vanilla, boring conservative types. I reckon Penny Wong would make a great PM imo. Asian , lesbian, christian and labor......what more could you want? talk about freaking you guys out. Very scary proposition.....hahaha....

Given her performance in not being able to sell the ETS or convince Rudd & Gillard et al to have a double dissolution on the election on the issue and her absence in the Labor campaigning, I suspect even the Labor party don't believe she has the capabilities of being anything more than a 'political clydesdale'.

BTW, why isn't she an advocate for gay marriage?

Doubt it. She seems schizoid.....

Maybe she lost the election for Labor when she knocked back gay marriage.
Why was that again?

....yes indeed, go Penny, straight to the opposition back bench.

Right now. Go Penny !!! :D

you are a funny, teasing guy.:)

Buzz:
BTW, why isn't she an advocate for gay marriage?

Penny spoke about this on Q and A, few weeks ago, it was interesting, a question from the audience asked this question and her answer was really interesting, I don't particularly want to take it out of context, I'll have a look see if it's archived later, Q and A has seen some fun, humor and rather candid stuff shared.

you are a funny, teasing guy.:)

Buzz:

Penny spoke about this on Q and A, few weeks ago, it was interesting, a question from the audience asked this question and her answer was really interesting, I don't particularly want to take it out of context, I'll have a look see if it's archived later, Q and A has seen some fun, humor and rather candid stuff shared.

Thanks OO. I had a look at the Q&A transcript (26/7) you referred to.

It would be interesting to see whether if that same answer was given by a conservative politician, what the reaction would have been.

Why was that again?

Because she's a team player? Seriously, laying into Penny Wong for supporting her team's decision, when she obviously wouldn't personally support it, isn't a good look. The success of political parties relies on politicians supporting the team decision, even when they obviously don't personally agree. Penny explained all that on Q&A in a very dignified performance IMO.

Singling Penny out on this issue to me says more about the attacker than the one being attacked.

Anyway, as of today, Labor has 73 (+1 green) seats = 74 and the COALition have 70 seats (+3 independents as previously discussed) = 73. Three seats are just too close to call.

We've seen how Hasluck has gone before, for example, with predictive election modelling, so predictions of a Coalition win are still somewhat premature. There's no choice but to wait for the count (and recounts) to finish.

(The) independent MP Tony Windsor support the tax,
Oooooh! These guys better be careful. He sells out to the miners and then wants to tax them. :eek: Does he want to buy his farm back at a discount?

The independents are making all the right noises about being "responsible" and so they should. If they pass a no-confidence motion, or simply do not allow a workable parliament, they will be caned in the new election. So will the Greens.

Fortunately for me, if you can't figure out why a happily married man with kids prefers to see the Prime Minister being a happily married man with kids.....well, I guess you'll never get it.

That's right! It should be obvious anyway - haven't you seen TA's daughters? Far more photogenic than Joolia! :p

Hope one of them doesn't turn out to be gay... :eek:

If anyone has attacked her over the issue, it is the gay and transvestite community.

Agreed. As Richo so eloquently put it on Q&A - for them to do so was just plain "dumb". If they pushed her so far that she had a dummy spit and got kicked off the front bench, their chance of change would be set back a long way.

So why don't the faceless men who run Labor support gay marriage?

Because they still want to portray conservative (as in "I'm a fiscal conservative") values to the voters they need in the middle ground.

Despite the fact that it seems most Australians now support gay marriage (if you can believe the polling), supporting it yourself risks the vote of everyone who is against it going to the other side as those who are against it tend to be very against it. I suspect it just needs more time for the next generation of voters to come along.

We have to get away from making promises to the 'public and not following through with the big promises = policies'.

i was quite annoyed when, after about 1-2 weeks of campaigning, the media were beefing on about the liberals not making any spending promises.

personally, i was really pleased that they hadn't - the whole process of election promises is a load of bs.

i was quite annoyed when, after about 1-2 weeks of campaigning, the media were beefing on about the liberals not making any spending promises.

personally, i was really pleased that they hadn't - the whole process of election promises is a load of bs.

It peeves me off too and more so knowing many voters fall for these promises.

What's funny is when these political parties take it too far and fail to see where they've overstepped the fine line between voters falling for these promises and those that see through them and turn on them.

The Parramatta rail project is one that comes to mind :rolleyes:.

Considering the population ratio of cities compared to the bush, why arent labor much more dominant?

Must be a hell of a lot of labor supporters in the bush. Funny that, if labor dont do a thing for there. :confused:

I'm not sure what your point is. Of the 150 seat in the house of representitives, probably only 25 are true rural seats. Most rural seats are held by the libs/nats, and a few by independants. That's just a fact. Why would people vote for labor or the greens in rural areas?

There are labor voters in rural seats. School teachers, public servants etc, it's just that there is not as many as in the city. If I was a public servant, I'd vote labor too, as labor looks after public servants. Aboriginals historically mostly vote labor too. In my seat of New England, 8% voted labor.

See ya's.

Back