Lomas argument?

Anyone know what the gossip is with Margaret Lomas on her Facebook with this post...warning..it's long and ranty:

"It’s been some time since I have written a ‘motivational’ type post – generally I do so when I am feeling like the world is crashing in on me and I need to motivate myself! I guess when I can turn my thoughts to trying to help others, it takes the focus off my own problems, and I feel a whole lot better for the experience.

Being exposed to public scrutiny can make you a target, and I am one at the moment for someone who’s a little close to my own world. This person is saying things which are simply not true, and at its most basic level, it’s hurtful and extreme. I can see the reason it’s happening – there is an agenda and it’s this person’s own nest which stands to be feathered by denigrating me.

However, there’s a quandary I face that I am sure so many of you have faced at some time – what should my actions be?

I’ve considered this long and hard. The human inside me wants to defend myself. It wants to answer back and tell what I see as the truth. Add to that an innate need for a type of vengeance – that’s probably the wrong word in fact, but it’s the need to hit back, to expose all of the things I know about my detractor so the world can judge us both side by side – an equal and fair arena where we can both stand up and be counted.

But, think about this for a moment. What will that achieve?

Firstly, it will sink me to a level that I am not comfortable being on. It will make me no better than the detractor. It will open the grievance to public debate, dragging in those who don’t deserve to even know of this situation, let alone feel compromised by being forced to choose between us. And for what? It would be an empty victory indeed, and I cannot see what it would achieve.

Or, I can sit in dignified silence and trust that people will always see that I will act with integrity at all times. Hope that those hearing the defamatory comments just know within their hearts that they could not be true. And, for those who choose to believe, so be it. My heart, my soul, my amazing family can never be taken away from me.

What about you? Think about times when the day, the week, the world is going wrong for you. Those times when someone is doing their level best to oppose you, discredit you, or on some way just make you mad as hell. A colleague, undermining you at work. A relative trying to look better than you. Someone in your life behaving in a way which you feel is unjust and it’s driving you mad. Do you fight back, loudly proclaim your innocence, and drag everyone through the mud that your opponent is wallowing in?

Or do you maintain a steadfast silence, grit your teeth and wake up to face another day, knowing you are fighting the good fight most of the time, determined to keep doing just that?

Try it next time it happens to you. Know that, eventually, good always triumphs over evil. Know that bad things can happen to good people, but those bad things can’t make the good person bad. Build a wall around you and face the mud – that wall can always be washed clean again. Be true to yourself and your family every day. Don’t get mad or try to get even. Just do nothing, and you will preserve the most important quality you can ever have – integrity"

The thing I don't like about facebook is that there's only a Like button. There are certain times when a STFU button or a DILLIGAF button would be appropriate.

The thing I don't like about facebook is that there's only a Like button. There are certain times when a STFU button or a DILLIGAF button would be appropriate.

The thing I dont like about forums is that there is no like button, otherwise I would be hitting it for this comment. Well said.

Social media like Facebook and Twitter is often used to attack people. You write something on your page and people come after you. There's been a few instances of people attempting suicide after copping torrents of abuse.

People forget a few things and often feel they have to respond and tie themselves in knots because that's what they think they have to do in real life. Social media is powerful but it works both ways.

Social media makes it easy for people to ambush you, but it also makes it easy for you to stop them. If someone posts something you don't like on your Facebook page the answer is simple.

1. Delete it. No one else will see it and you don't need waste grey matter responding.
2. Turn the computer off and get some exercise, see a movie, or generally get on with your life.

Life is too short to argue with trolls.

Apparently you can do the same thing on Somersoft :D

I don't think so - I just wanted to know if there was a public reason she was so fired up - another guru slamming her or something behind her vent. Everyone else seems more excited by scuba diving or internet acronyms so can' see any real hate for her!

Back