looking for a job that fits property investing needs

You're either a very capable investor or are accustomed to very well paying jobs to need only 8 months to buy 6 properties.

Or option C, you're something of an embellisher.

I aim for a purchase every one and half months! Properties I buy are similar to Nathan Birch style .... I'd say the average current value of each property in my portfolio sits at around $180k ~

That coupled with living at home plus $100k~ salaries make it a not very difficult task if you're willing to put in the effort in renos (something I enjoy) :)

Or option C, you're something of an embellisher.

My money's on option C.

Also the finance guys on here will know better than me, but if the goal is to move on to unit developments, then would this not require some serviceability? Not sure how favourably the banks look upon rent reliance. But given there are a few part time developers on here all who have full time jobs it makes me question the feasibility.

Also unless your new role is in the same industry as your previous roles, do you not have to have worked for 6 months to get finance over the line? That would leave you needing to buy those 6 properties in two months to be on schedule.

Last but not least, if retiring to you is the equivalent of replacing your current income, then that will require an unencumbered asset base of $2m on a 5% net return. Or based on the average property price of $180K at say an LVR of 80% = 56 properties.

Look all the above is very possible, but given the information you have already spouted, I'm more inclined to revert back to Option C.

If not I look forward to reading your story in Novembers API, surely theres some easy money there.

Exactly !!

The OP is dishonourable, and literally stealing from his or her employer.

The country as a whole is trying to improve productivity. This attitude drags the country backwards big time....and I suspect it happens heaps in big companies and govt depts alike.

All those thousands of people limply staring into their screens for hour after hour doing JS. You gotta wonder.

Not necessarily.

For example, my job can be pretty reactive, so if I've done all my paperwork and nothing breaks down, I have down time.
I've used youtube at work and sometimes browse these forums at work. If anything requires my attention, I'll tend to that, but if nothing does, then I'm not going to sit there and pretend to be busy.

I aim for a purchase every one and half months! Properties I buy are similar to Nathan Birch style .... I'd say the average current value of each property in my portfolio sits at around $180k ~

That coupled with living at home plus $100k~ salaries make it a not very difficult task if you're willing to put in the effort in renos (something I enjoy) :)

How does mummy put up with your attitude at home? Poor thing must be exhausted doing all your washing, folding, cooking and cleaning!

pinkboy

lol 8 months from "retiring" yet still bludging off the folks :rolleyes:

wow...some incredible comments being made here.....

I cannot believe this is considered a professional educational website when its members are not only so quick to judge and criticize people whom they know nothing about, but downright hostile - particularly people like 'mrmonopoly' who has the sheer effrontery to advertise their business next to comments like that....good luck

noodle - you should consider getting off your keyboard detective high horse and not assume... Just because I'm not on the glossy covers of YIP and API every 2nd month like all the others trying to compensate or sell something, doesn't mean I haven't spent almost every day of the past 6 years building a portfolio of 37 properties and counting....sure my properties are nothing to brag about -but if I really decided to do nothing more with my life I could quit today, fix half my loans and live a modest lifestyle with the rent alone (even better if I sell a few). fyi, some banks do consider sales as a profession and industry by itself.

and pinkboy, there are many unfortunate circumstances which I wouldn't wish upon anybody (not even you) that can force people to live at home, with a lesser financial burden a mere perk rather than the reason. Thank you for insulting my dead mother.

To the relief of many, I will now cease posting on these forums and will return only if in need of the 'search' function for guidance in the future - something that has helped me along the way and i'm truly grateful for.

goodnight

Also try water utilities ?
i am in a similar job :D
over the years the interest and zeal to produce more than required at work has died down...
most folks are not honest..i'd read somewhere if your vacation and vocation are separate then you are in a rut !

i used to work for SEWL - they pay was low compared to the outside world.

Controversial?

If you're up for it, apply for a government job and expand greatly on your indigenous heritage. Then advise the government how they are failing your people and create a role and project for yourself. It will be years before someone realises that you have done nothing and have been accountable to no one. You'll be ready to retire by then.

The gov won't chase you for racial fraud.

Just a thought.

Steve

As a micro business and small employer, I can tell you why some of the responses you are getting arent positive.

What is proposed here can be seen as form of theft.

One agrees to do x work in exchange for y remuneration yet one's intent to do x was never there...............

In part, it would not be much different if all all one's tennants refused to pay rent and went to the tribunal to drag their side out for ever.

ta
rolf

Steve

As a micro business and small employer, I can tell you why some of the responses you are getting arent positive.

What is proposed here can be seen as form of theft.

One agrees to do x work in exchange for y remuneration yet one's intent to do x was never there...............

In part, it would not be much different if all all one's tennants refused to pay rent and went to the tribunal to drag their side out for ever.

ta
rolf

Well said. It is the prevalence of such an attitude, which is the scary thing.

Steveco, seems like you have everything under control and are on a fast track to your financial goals, based on your responses to the expected reactions here.

So what were you really expecting to hear?

Seeking significance is the only thing which comes to mind.

A question:
If you could have achieved the same financial sucess as you have now, and been productive to your employers at the same time, wouldn't you feel more satisfied with yourself, by maximising your potential by being the best you could be?

wow...some incredible comments being made here.....

I cannot believe this is considered a professional educational website when its members are not only so quick to judge and criticize people whom they know nothing about, but downright hostile - particularly people like 'mrmonopoly' who has the sheer effrontery to advertise their business next to comments like that....good luck

mate, its the internet, if a few comments from a few anonymous people saying your are a bludger is going to get your knickers in a knot, then the internet is not the place for you

take it all with a grain of salt, the internet has benefits to some that allow people to make comments they otherwise would not make (I too am guiilty of that)

edit: this post wouldnt have even started if beauocratic governement agencies didnt have so much politics , redtape and paperwork in every step that people actually do get away with getting paid big $$ for doing nothing, often for jobs that should ahve never existed in teh first place

I can see why some people are getting emotional, but on the other hand I think working 8hrs + 5 days a week is BS. Working full time is depressing when you just don't care for the job your doing and would rather be doing something else (like investing)

To all of you who enjoy your day job, good on ya, but I'm relatively in the same boat as the OP- I would like something with flexibility, while getting serviceability so I can invest in my spare time.

Fireman could be a good one. 4 days on, 4 days off, obviously in your days on you would need to be dedicated though.

Main goal would be propert full time. Does anyone do this?

I can see why some people are getting emotional, but on the other hand I think working 8hrs + 5 days a week is BS. Working full time is depressing when you just don't care for the job your doing and would rather be doing something else (like investing)

To all of you who enjoy your day job, good on ya, but I'm relatively in the same boat as the OP- I would like something with flexibility, while getting serviceability so I can invest in my spare time.

Fireman could be a good one. 4 days on, 4 days off, obviously in your days on you would need to be dedicated though.

Main goal would be propert full time. Does anyone do this?

Flexibility is differerent to flat out looking for a bludge like the OP. There are plenty of jobs that fit the bill of flexibility.

And if you think being a fireman is a bludge, then you are seriously on the wrong track. Flexible job - may well be.

Property full time? As in investing? Plenty of people do that for their living....you only have to look here for example....and it is what I would consider flexible, but no bludge!

pinkboy

Back