looking for a job that fits property investing needs

I can see why some people are getting emotional, but on the other hand I think working 8hrs + 5 days a week is BS. Working full time is depressing when you just don't care for the job your doing and would rather be doing something else (like investing)

Well no one gets something for nothing...hard work is never a bad thing.

Even us 'poor' people 'work' 60+ hours a week! ;)

pinkboy....work smarter, not harder!

Exactly, and one of the best ways to work smarter is to find away to make money from what you love doing. Once you find that, it doesn't matter how many hours you work or how hard you work, it wont feel like work.

It would appear both Alex2095 and the OP have a passion for the less passive side of property investing i.e. Reno's, flips etc. Why not bite the bullet and turn this into your business? It can work, look at Nathan Birch as a great example. Continually looking for a new soul destroying means to occupy 40 hours a week can't be a great way to spend umpteen years of your working life.

Unfortunately the old adage of "you get out what you put in" seems to be a diminishing belief as each generation passes through.

Unfortunately the old adage of "you get out what you put in" seems to be a diminishing belief as each generation passes through.

Hahaha... I don't know if it has to do with generation, but I prefer "what I get multiplied several times of what I put in"... also means, if you put too much cr*p in, then well... prepare lots of clean water and soap.

I can see why some people are getting emotional, but on the other hand I think working 8hrs + 5 days a week is BS. Working full time is depressing when you just don't care for the job your doing and would rather be doing something else (like investing)

To all of you who enjoy your day job, good on ya, but I'm relatively in the same boat as the OP- I would like something with flexibility, while getting serviceability so I can invest in my spare time.

Fireman could be a good one. 4 days on, 4 days off, obviously in your days on you would need to be dedicated though.

Main goal would be propert full time. Does anyone do this?

You may find if you get into property full time, that may become boring and depressing too.

In the case of being a fireman, you mention you'd need to be dedicated during your 4 on days.
So the 4 off days while investing don't require dedication :confused:

Attitude makes all the difference.

Im looking for a job in property development

Hi Like a lot of property investors im looking to get out of my full time job and into property development. Im doing a reno at the moment and will be looking at a small development next ie; building a second dwelling out the back of a house or doing a duplex. But I would like to find a job in the property development area so I can learn more about it and actually enjoy what im doing. I don't have any formal education in this area, Im an Aircraft mechanic by trade so not sure what sort of role I could do. Wondering if anyone had any ideas?

Thanks,
Keith.

....anyone who thinks full time property investing, no matter what the discipline chosen, is dreaming if you're gonna make a go of it....

It's dog eat dog out here. We like nothing better than chomping on fresh little puppy dogs who think that it will be a cruise and oh so different from the daily grind they are currently in.

Exactly, and one of the best ways to work smarter is to find away to make money from what you love doing. Once you find that, it doesn't matter how many hours you work or how hard you work, it wont feel like work.

It would appear both Alex2095 and the OP have a passion for the less passive side of property investing i.e. Reno's, flips etc. Why not bite the bullet and turn this into your business? It can work, look at Nathan Birch as a great example. Continually looking for a new soul destroying means to occupy 40 hours a week can't be a great way to spend umpteen years of your working life.

That's my goal actually, that's what I mean when I say 'do property full time'. How do you get the serviceability from the banks though so you can continually get loans? Would love advice and ideas

To me, my day job is just a way to show the banks I have income so they will give me a loan.

Love getting into Renos myself too. I'm a carpentry apprentice so would rather work hard for myself rather than someone else (but not for 8+ hrs a day 5 days a week)

....anyone who thinks full time property investing, no matter what the discipline chosen, is dreaming if you're gonna make a go of it....

It's dog eat dog out here. We like nothing better than chomping on fresh little puppy dogs who think that it will be a cruise and oh so different from the daily grind they are currently in.

I agree it's investing is definitely not a cruise.

I would not compare investing to 'the daily grind' though, disagree with you on that one, yes there is hard work and obstacles, but its exciting and rewarding, but hey, maybe that's just me.

To all of you who enjoy your day job, good on ya, but I'm relatively in the same boat as the OP- I would like something with flexibility, while getting serviceability so I can invest in my spare time.

Fireman could be a good one. 4 days on, 4 days off, obviously in your days on you would need to be dedicated though.

Main goal would be propert full time. Does anyone do this?

2 dayshifts, 2 nightshifts

24 hr gap between D/S and N/S plus sleeping on 1st Day off, unless you're sleeping on the job:D

I agree it's investing is definitely not a cruise.

I would not compare investing to 'the daily grind' though, disagree with you on that one, yes there is hard work and obstacles, but its exciting and rewarding, but hey, maybe that's just me.

You're just imagining all this in your head. And you're disagreeing with someone who has actually made the leap.

You're just imagining all this in your head. And you're disagreeing with someone who has actually made the leap.

I also admit to finding investing exciting. Yet I once heard somebody say this about poker and I feel it also applies to investing.

When a PAYG has a bad day at work, they lose their bosses money. When you play poker, it’s more exciting, but a bad day at work means you lose your own money.

im not imaging it all in my head. Your making assumptions by suggesting that. Ill admit im not a seasoned investor, but I have pulled off a buy/reno/reval successfully and have bought again straight away because of this. Yes It was hard work and there is risk involved but I would prefer to continue doing that full time (which would not be 8-5 mon-fri) than stay in a job.

all I was suggesting was that you cant compare 'the daily grind' to property investing full time. I associate 'the daily grind' with a repetitive mon-fri working week, living for the weekend TGIF etc etc. Of course this does not apply to people who love the career they are in, because then they would not really think of it as the daily grind.

Back