MBRC Draft Town Plan

Just want to throw it out there for any comments on the new Moreton Bay Regional Council Draft Town Plan if you have had a chance to review.
Specifically what I have noticed (because it affects our PPOR) is:
New, Next Generation Suburb zoning with multi dwelling and duplexes allowed under certain conditions. So some development potential although I think they are still too constrictive in their application
For example why allow duplexes but only with 25m frontage but allow realignment with 7.5m min frontage?

I'm in Strathpine, not far from Bray Park station, and I too am trying to make sense of this. Just looking through all the documentation is daunting to someone not familiar with all the terminology.

As for the 25m frontage, are you sure you're correct ? If so, it seems silly because there would be very few blocks with such a frontage.

You can do smaller than 25m but it just changes the level of assessment required. In some zones you can do duplexes with no townplanner if you have a 25m frontage.

Looks like the draft plan is no longer available. Did anyone happen to save a copy before they pulled it and wouldn't mind emailing it to me? Pretty please? :D

The revised one will be out soon. They had a fight with the state government over flood levels and luckily the state won. I did radio, tv, newspapers and magazine interviews on it as there was a lot of public interest in it. The council decided that the worst possible sea level rises in Moreton Bay were definitely going to happen and so they weren't going to allow you to develop in areas that would flood when the sea rose 1m ish in the next 100 years. This fight delayed the release.

There may be some decent changes to the uses in areas also so I wouldn't rely to much on the old draft even if you get a copy. I believe that the Kippa Ring density increases are staying and there are some great bargains to be had around there, but with the return to actual flood levels rather than predicted ones there is a lot more land that can be used to meet the mandated density levels. This means they could completely drop increases to multiunit zonings in some areas.

Back