Meadow Heights

Hi all,
Has anyone had any thing to do with the area of Meadow Heights, it is 19km north of the Melbourne CBD.
Some good buys.

Cheers
Grfoos

Its out past Broadmeadows which has a bad name but some good prices

It doesnt have a train station although a line goes right through it

Roxburgh Park, Cragieburn and Broadmeadows are close and have train stations.

There seems to be a fair bit of stock around for the area and a bit of vacant land.

Broadmeadows is getting a bit of government investment so Meadow Heights may see some benifits to this. I haven't looked around the area but have gone through it on the train a few times. I noticed that there were very few trees and it seemed hot. I think i saw a big Shopping complex going in which is somehwere there but im not sure exactly where.

There isn't much rental stock in the area, just a few properties and they have decent rent on them. 19% of people in the area rent which is a bit below the average. Looking at some past sales and what similar properties are rented for your looking at about a 5% yield though you could probably get better in this sort of area.

I would be worried about the quality of tennats and the vacancy rate of the area.

Median Price
Long term Trend
8.3%
Auction clearance rates
63%
Days on Market 92

From http://www.domain.com.au/public/suburbprofile.aspx?searchTerm=meadow+heights&mode=research#mapanchor

Best of luck

Back