Medical problem?

Hi All,

Now first up, I'm not after medical advise. I'm really just wondering if anybody has gone thru this.

My problem is that I get what feels like hot flushes......but i have done some research and it doesn't seem to be "hot flushes."

I should say I am a 45 yo male.

When these "hot flushes" occur, my head gets hot and it feels like pins and needles and gets very itchy. It is very annoying and can get to the extreme and hurt. And sometimes it extends to my whole body. It feels like my core body temp goes sky high. I'm one of these people that have a red face, looks like high blood pressure or too much red wine :)

I thought it my be my high blood pressure but I now have that down to an acceptable level. If I go for a run, I get hot very quickly and get these itchy / pins and needles hot flushes. It can happen in work meetings, where the room is warm and I get very self conscious.

Years ago I had problems with excessive sweating but it has subsided over the years.

Is any of this making any sense?

Any ideas? PM me if you don't want to discuss it here.

Cheers

GG

Is that the only symptom, and are you on blood pressure medication... because that is often a side effect?

If so it's not generally anything to worry about, unless it's causing you great distress.

But like with any problem if you're worried see your Doctor!

Is that the only symptom, and are you on blood pressure medication... because that is often a side effect?

If so it's not generally anything to worry about, unless it's causing you great distress.

But like with any problem if you're worried see your Doctor!

Weg,

I think you might have hit the nail on the head first up. I'll do some more research and have a chat to my GP.

Thanks

GG

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the responses.

As mentioned, I wasn't after medical advise, just wondering if anybody had been thru a similar thing.
And yes, I will see my doctor :cool:

GG

Years ago I had problems with excessive sweating but it has subsided over the years.

I'm not really helping you, but I've got a quick question! I also sweat excessively - did it subside by itself over the years or did you do something (medical, life style change, ect?)

Thanks!

I'm not really helping you, but I've got a quick question! I also sweat excessively - did it subside by itself over the years or did you do something (medical, life style change, ect?)

Thanks!

One of our sons had a "sympathectomy" (google it for plenty of info). He had excessive sweating of the hands, so badly that it affected his schoolwork and he was always embarrassed by his wet hands. Dripping hands make doing any type of paperwork tricky.

He had the surgery and it fixed things. At the time there was a risk that reducing the hand sweating through surgery "could" result in heavier sweating of the lower back or other areas (feet?). From memory the surgeon removed parts of the nerves corresponding to different areas, under-arms, hands, etc.

I do recall him complaining once that the downside of having this done to stop having wet hands was the fact that he disliked having dry hands :D.

I think it was worthwhile. He had one side done, and a week or so later, the other.

Thanks!

do you sweat all over or just arm pits? if its just arm pits try a product i think driclor or something its available at your chemist and you put it on at night ... amazing stuff.

And i get dramatic increases in perceived temp using work out supliments or having a coffee, but this doesn't sound like a quick temp rise i would speak to a profesional.

Back