Mentone - beach side of railway

Hi All

There has been some discussion about units/apartments in mentone, but what are people's thoughts on investing in Mentone with regards to normal home/blocks sizes. Mentone beach side of railway seems to be very expensive for its distance to the city ie. entry level seems to be close to a mil for anything with a half decent home on a normal 600sq. m block. I know its clsoe to railway, shops, beach, schools, but people thoughts on mentone as an investment long term?

This is a topic close to my heart. I grew up on the racecourse estate in Mentone which is non beachside of Nepean Hwy. I always wanted to live beachside of the rail in Mentone. My wife and I started with a 2 bed unit on Beach Rd Parkdale.

When the kids came we moved to Aspendale, 5-10 mins walking distance to beach, station and shops. We have been here 11 years now and love it.

The kids are entrenched in School and in a few years they start secondary school. We are a small walk to the station and a few stops on the train to Mentone.

I have a 2 bed unit beachside of rail in Mentone and have no intention of moving to Mentone.

I think Mentone is a great place to invest - esp beach side of highway. Apartments make great investments there

Good transport, train to town, good schools, not far from Southland. Great entry price.

I've owned properties in the area for years - always well tenanted and prices have grown well

I think Mentone is a great place to invest - esp beach side of highway. Apartments make great investments there

Good transport, train to town, good schools, not far from Southland. Great entry price.

I've owned properties in the area for years - always well tenanted and prices have grown well

Thanks Michael, what about houses compared to aprtmenst in the area, as I notice there is a large price disrepancy, ie. bech side of railway you can get aprtments for 400ish, but good house lots are all over 1mil?

Back